• Register
  • Help

Topic: Crash using GPO Studio with Digidesign Core Audio on Mac OSX

Share/Bookmark

Crash using GPO Studio with Digidesign Core Audio on Mac OSX

Every time I switch to the Digidesign Core Audio driver in GPO Studio, the application crashes. It works fine with the Mac Built-in Audio, but it\'s a drag for me, because the built-in audio goes straight to computer internal speakers. All my audio runs through the Digidesign hardware.

If I run the Personal Orchestra standalone program, I don\'t have this problem. It recognizes and plays the Digidesign Core Audio fine. Also, I don\'t have this problem using the RTAS plugin in Pro Tools, thank god, since that\'s the way I\'ll use GPO most of the time.

Anyway, this leads me to believe the Plogue application has an incompatibility with Digidesign.

Anybody else having similar problems?

My system is Mac OSX 10.2.6 running on a dual 1ghz using a Digi 001.

Mike Jasper

Re: Crash using GPO Studio with Digidesign Core Audio on Mac OSX

Nobody else has had this problem?

Open the Digi Core Audio set up and assign to GPO Studio,
    Trash the core audio prefs then repair permissions and try again.
    This may help but I do not have the same setup.
    Just a suggestion.

t

I\'ve had a simular problem problem. The program doesn\'t crash but my 192i/o is forced to 96k by \"studio\". I haven\'t found a workaround.
    I\'ll try the suggestion to trash CoreAudio prefs etc today.
    Todd

TDet -- I did assign GPO Studio to Digi\'s Core Audio setup, otherwise it wouldn\'t show in the driver\'s list. But I\'ll give the trash and permissions thing a try, although I have my doubts. That\'s because everything else assigned to Digi Core Audio -- Quicktime, iTunes, Toast, Safari, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and even the standalone Personal Orchestra (sans studio) -- works fine.

But... you never know. Thanks.

I have had some luck of sorts. What we are basically talking about is using the digi card and I/O as a very expensive sound card thru digi\'s CoreAudio. With GPO studio this does not work as far as I can see. BUT what I have been able to do is us the digi hardware with DP 4.1, basically using DP as the stack/host. What\'s more I\'ve been able to then launch Sibelius and have it play thru DP as I compose. Unfortunately I haven\'t found a way to have the dynamics translate yet, but for the mean time this at least gets me making music rather than trying to use broken software.
    I\'ve done a lot of searching on the web for any info and hints about macs and VST....seems to be a \"new\" subject and not much info...so I understand NI and GPO\'s efforts are in uncharted territories. I just hope they hear posts like this and squash these Mac bugs ASAP.
    Thanks
    Todd

\"What we are basically talking about is using the digi card and I/O as a very expensive sound card thru digi\'s CoreAudio. \"

Yeah, well, sort of. The Digi 001 isn\'t all that expensive. And again, every other application (RealPlayer, Quicktime, iTunes, Windows MediaPlayer and the Personal Orchestra Standalone) works seamlessly with Digidesign\'s Core Audio.

No, the problem is Plogue. That\'s become real obvious to me. And yes, I trashed the prefs and repaired permissions, but still no go on the GPO Studio.

It\'s Plogue for sure. Think about it. Didn\'t you bypass Plogue as well by switching to Digital Performer?

Mike Jasper

Go Back to forum