• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Journey Symphony - Movement 1

Share/Bookmark

The Journey Symphony - Movement 1

The Journey Symphony - Movement 1

Well, it's here. I've worked for more months than I care to say working toward having a recording of this movement. The other movements are further along than this was, but this was the first and the others couldn't be shared until I did this one first.

This symphony as a whole is about my life's journey dealing with cancer these past two years. It has taken me quite some time to put this recording together. I used EastWest Symphonic Library and Garritan Personal Orchestra to create this through Sonar X3 Producer. I am hardly an expert in using Sonar. Mastering is not my strong suit. This is the best I could do. I hope you enjoy this nonetheless and I look forward to feedback.

One last thing. Make sure you keep the volume down at the beginning. The brass are pretty intense at the beginning. Don't want to blast anyone out!

https://soundcloud.com/serenity-musi...ony-movement-1
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: The Journey Symphony - Movement 1

Music comes before any producer' skill.
    The best you can do is best enough.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Hi Gary,

nice work, am listening to it now! Very effective use of brass!

One thing: the link you posted leads to Facebook and gives an error. The text of the link is actually correct, but the underlying URL is different than the text shown.

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Thank you for the comments, guys. I really appreciate it. Reinhold, I have updated the link. Hopefully it will now go directly to soundcloud.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

I enjoyed the listen on this. I liked the change of character around 8:00 or so. I think the render is decent on this. Jay

Joining the others. I did enjoy it, then listened to other works of you, you are very good.
    Thanks for posting it, hope you'll let us hear the rest of the movements...

Ted

Go Back to forum