• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free instruments

Share/Bookmark

Free instruments

In case anyone is interested, when I get GPO I plan to reprogram some of my custom samples in the same style as GPO and offer them for free. These are chromatically mutlisampled instruments. I can\'t set a timetable on this, since I still need to upgrade my machines. It won\'t be a difficult conversion so I should be able to get them out as soon as my setup is ready.

Re: Free instruments

Instruments for what? What format?
    Are they samples you made yourself?

Sounds like a nice offer. What types of instruments?

I have been hoping for some recorder samples to add to the woodwinds in GPO. I love the recorder pieces by Vivaldi and Telemann. If anyone know where I can find some samples, please let me know!

Oh yeah, the instruments are
    solo horn
    solo bass trombone
    Solo tuba
    Solo flute
    Solo Clarinet
    Solo Bassoon
    Solo Contrabass Clarinet

These are of a strident marcato variety although I will program them to use legato mode of course.

I am curious, how did you get started sampling? I actually might sometime soon start working with some of this stuff (more from a programming end though) and I am curious as to how you got started doing it. I have recorded instruments before (I did a couple of soundfont files way back when) but I never did it seriously.
    -Mike

Originally posted by Kunio2:
    In case anyone is interested, when I get GPO I plan to reprogram some of my custom samples in the same style as GPO and offer them for free. These are chromatically mutlisampled instruments. I can\'t set a timetable on this, since I still need to upgrade my machines. It won\'t be a difficult conversion so I should be able to get them out as soon as my setup is ready.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Originally posted by UNIX_GURU:

Originally posted by UNIX_GURU:

Egads! That 10,000 deal did something whack to my posts!

Anyway, some of the samples I recorded myself, some are from a 100% royalty-free source that I will divulge when I put them up. But I don\'t want to blow the suprise so you\'ll just have to sit tight on that one! It\'s sorta humorous actually.
    My bass trombone kicks butt. If you want killer rasp this is it. I plan to reprogram them in Kontakt format for all you GPO dudes. I also have a shweet ppp bass trombone patch, which have a very rich character. I have pretty much used these sounds to set my midi orchestrations apart from the pack, but I feel the urge to share with my fellow composers with the simple restriction that they can\'t be used commercially. Don\'t expect any fancy articulations or sampled staccatos, just chromatically multisampled marcato-sustain notes at a given dynamic.

First I need to get enough money for my move, then I need enough to get the machines I need, then GPO. This all depends on me getting a job. I kinda blew my youth becoming a master composer and neglected finishing high school and all that crap, so it\'s been tough for me to find work through the years. I just got fired recently and am living on my savings. Hopefully things will turn around soon, it\'s no big deal for me to reprogram my patches. I plan to study the filter settings and so forth on equivelant GPO patches and just apply them to my own samples. It\'ll be for you guys to decide if they are useful or not. OK gotta go to bed later!

Go Back to forum