• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS vs. Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings

GOS vs. Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings

OK, I know a lot of people are getting tired of \"GOS vs ???\" threads.....but I just couldn\'t resist this one.

Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings http://sonicimplants.com/Strings/index.asp) is a library that I\'ve heard good things about. I\'m wondering how well this library compares to Garritan Orchestral Strings? Has anyone used it?

In addition, SI has recently released a Kontakt version of SS, which is appealing to me since I am a Kontakt user.

Re: GOS vs. Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings

You should compare the number of articulations that each library has to offer. I read somewhere on this forum that there is a Kontakt version of GOS in the making.

Re: GOS vs. Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings

You might get more play in the Sample Library Discussion forum, as there is a broader cross-section of users there. Even if the \"this\" vs. \"that\" threads get you down, inviting someone to comment on the competition in a dedicated forum is asking for even more trouble. If the respondant raves about SISS, then they might be seen as dissing Garritan - if it\'s the other way \'round, then the person could be accused of being a sycophant.

I\'ve heard plenty of raves about SISS, but have never seen them used in a studio context, so I can\'t comment on how many articulations there are or how difficult of easy they are to work with. I love GOS and couldn\'t imagine a better product, and am looking forward to GOS2, too.

Perhaps you can find someone who owns both and can comment to you in private (email or PM). That way there\'s not much chance of a flame fest kicking up... just a thought.

Go Back to forum