• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO availability in Australia???

GPO availability in Australia???

I\'m anxious to get a copy of GPO...it says it\'s now shipping on the website but the Australian distributor says there\'s some delay or something?

Can anyone from the company please let us know when it will be available to Australia?

Re: GPO availability in Australia???

Hi Steve,

I found ordering directly from Gary was the simplest solution for me. I\'m in Brisbane and it arrived just in time for Christmas. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Orcas Island

No worries mate,

GPO has already been sent down under and should be there any day.

Soon you\'ll enjoy those bassoons while cookin on the barbie. And you\'ll be playing Waltzing Matilda with GPO in no time. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Gary Garritan

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for that - a few more questions though...

Sepretod - how long did it take between order and arrival in Aus?

Gary - when will details be available about articulation and control (the website says available soon!)? I\'m interested in knowing that, plus things like how many layers per sample and how stretched the samples are across the range - ie I gather it\'s not chromatically sampled for 2GB worth for a whole orchestra (and at this price)? If there\'s other posts that answer this, can you please point me to them?

Finally, with regards to the Kontakt player...since I actually have Kontakt v.1.2 with the DFD extension, does that mean I can just load GPO instruments into there without having to install/authorise another Kontakt (player)? Does that version of Kontakt have all the functionality needed?

Thanks very much,

Originally posted by SteveZ:
    Sepretod - how long did it take between order and arrival in Aus?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually it only took a couple of days. I pre-ordered the copy before GPO was released, so there was a delay of about a month or less while waiting for GPO to be released. FedEx delivered it to my door a day or two after it had left the US.

Chandler, Arizona

If you search through the posts there\'s quite a few with an explanation of articulations and how the instruments are programmed. Use the Search function and type in words like \'articulations\'.

You will not be able to load the library into Kontakt 1.2. You must upgrade it to Kontakt 1.5 or higher. Only 1.5 can load the monolithic format that the player uses. The library with the Kontakt player must be install and authorized, then open up the player and load and instrument. After that you can use the instruments in Kontakt 1.5. There is a bug though and many users are unable to load the instruments into Kontakt, including myself. Hopefully, NI will get this fixed soon.

Go Back to forum