• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2004 /OS X ???????

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2004 /OS X ???????

Finale 2004 OS X ?????

I wanted to try the Finale 2004 OS X demo. After double clicking the installer he wanted to open \"classic\" which I did stop right away. I thought that I did make an error and did download again, but same thing. The demo is explicitly marked as Mac OS X software?
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    does someone know about this?

Thanks

Re: Finale 2004 /OS X ???????

Shouldn\'t you be asking this in the Finale forum? (Actually, I\'d help you here if I could, but I\'m a Windows user.)

Daniel,

Do you have a link(s) to the Finale forums?

Gary Garritan

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thank you!

IGOR:

I have been a Finale user for years and have mostly used it for manuscript ONLY. The MIDI implementation in the program from day one has not inspired me and the EDITING is a nightmare.

I use LOGIC sequencing software for all MIDI work and have been so satisfied with it since V2.5. Now, that I am going to purchase GPO, I wouldn\'t even give it a try on FINALE, but I did order SIBELIUS 3 the other day and will give it a try because it has the Kontakt Player aboard. Don\'t get me wrong, I think LOGIC will be my forte program for GPO when it communicates a little better, and FINALE will always be my manuscript program for notation.

I didn\'t download a DEMO of FINALE. I just purchased an upgrade and it worked right out of the box in Mac Os X 10.2.6.

Hope this helps

JMCannon

Originally posted by JMCannon:

I didn\'t download a DEMO of FINALE. I just purchased an upgrade and it worked right out of the box in Mac Os X 10.2.6.

Hope this helps

JMCannon
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">JM,
    After visiting the Finale forum, and reading the comments about the new version, I did not even download the demo......

I do have Sibelius, and as well Logic 6.3.3....., but I would like to write my sequences directly via notation and this is not so practical with Logic. Sibelius does not integrate very well with GPO. Right now I am trying Overture and it does seam to be best for notation software for MIDI use. There is definitely a very good concept on the base and I hope it will develop.

Hello, Igor...

Have you tried connecting Sib to GPO via the GPO Studio? I find that it works flawlessly with Finale 2004. While I do not own Sib, I have heard no complaints about connecting it to GPO via the GPO Studio.

As to Overture, it is closer to a sequencer than Finale is, but still has several notational issues that I can\'t get around. Rumor has it that GenieSoft is working on becoming THE best way to integrate with GPO.

Let\'s see...

Jim

Originally posted by snorlax:
    Hello, Igor...

Have you tried connecting Sib to GPO via the GPO Studio? I find that it works flawlessly with Finale 2004. While I do not own Sib, I have heard no complaints about connecting it to GPO via the GPO Studio.

As to Overture, it is closer to a sequencer than Finale is, but still has several notational issues that I can\'t get around. Rumor has it that GenieSoft is working on becoming THE best way to integrate with GPO.

Let\'s see...

Jim
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Jim,

Yes I do have connected Sibelius via the GPO Studio. and it works OK, as long as you do not try to use the MOD wheel for dynamics. Because Sibelius is using cc7 for cresc./dim. and not cc1 as GPO. So one of the biggest advantage of GPO - changing timbre with dynamics - is lost. If you do know a workaround for this, it will be much appreciated.

Do you use Finale 2004 on a MAC with OS X? Can you do the controller conversion (cc7/cc1) in Finale?

I do agree with you about Overture. The basic concept of integrating a sequencer in to a notation program is very good, but the notation issues are - at least until the last version - a real problem.

Go Back to forum