• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best piano for Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Best piano for Kontakt

I want to have a portable setup for playing piano, using my IBM laptop and a controller. I was thinking about getting Kontakt and then loading a great piano into it. What piano would be best? Would the East West Steinway B for giga convert and work in this configuration (512 megs ram in my laptop.) Thanks for your help.

Re: Best piano for Kontakt

I have the E/W Steinway B,and sounds nice in Kontakt (It helps to have the cusomized patch that Oliver F. made and posted on the NI kontakt forum a while back.i can point u to it if u do deside to get it).The Malmsjo also sounds nice and is in Kontakt form.Plus i just heard PMI`s Bose(pretty amazing!) and its in 24-bit kontakt as well its coming out in the Kompakt sampler.Vinaudio also has an Yamaha C7 in kontakt and I believe Bartstown has a bunch of great Pianos.All in all theres alot to choose from. GL, Rich

Do you have a soundcard for your laptop that will let you play Kontakt samples? (Most laptops don\'t have a compatable soundcard.)

And do a search on this forum for the word \"piano.\" You\'ll find many suggestions about good pianos.

I should clarify what I mean by \"compatable.\" Many laptop soundcards may let you hear the sounds, but the quality won\'t be good.

You might want to go to the Native Instruments site forum and search there \"soundcard.\"

(And it occurs to me, after going to the Native Instruments site myself: you may want to download the demo version of Kontakt and then load up one of the free pianos to test the speed of your hard drive, the soundcard, etc.)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    I have the E/W Steinway B,and sounds nice in Kontakt (It helps to have the cusomized patch that Oliver F. made and posted on the NI kontakt forum a while back.i can point u to it if u do deside to get it).

Happy to see that my old patch works Fine.
    i\'ve developped a better version for Halion2.0.

I\'ve send a DVD to Eastwest with a version of the Steinway B for Halion 2.0 and Kontakt1.2.

I\'m waiting for a feedback from Eastwest. I can improve the Steinway B more. IT would be nice if Eastwest will edited a new DVD version of the Steinway B and the Bosendorfer 275. (Halion/exs/kontakt)

keep cross fingers...

Regards,

Olivier Bergman (FRAPPIER)

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    I should clarify what I mean by \"compatable.\" Many laptop soundcards may let you hear the sounds, but the quality won\'t be good.

You might want to go to the Native Instruments site forum and search there \"soundcard.\"
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The demo for Kontakt runs nicely on my laptop, which is an IBM T40 with the new Centrino Pentium \"M\" technology at 1.5 gighertz.

[quote]Originally posted by Olivierbergman:
    Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    I have the E/W Steinway B,and sounds nice in Kontakt (It helps to have the cusomized patch that Oliver F. made and posted on the NI kontakt forum a while back.i can point u to it if u do deside to get it).

Happy to see that my old patch works Fine.
    i\'ve developped a better version for Halion2.0.

I\'ve send a DVD to Eastwest with a version of the Steinway B for Halion 2.0 and Kontakt1.2.

I\'m waiting for a feedback from Eastwest. I can improve the Steinway B more. IT would be nice if Eastwest will edited a new DVD version of the Steinway B and the Bosendorfer 275. (Halion/exs/kontakt)

keep cross fingers...

Regards,

Olivier Bergman (FRAPPIER)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Doug?

I would recommend bumping the RAM up to the max on your laptop as the hard drives are still on the slow side for using DFD.

Go Back to forum