• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: 11th Annual Garritan Christmas Community Album

Share/Bookmark

11th Annual Garritan Christmas Community Album

It's here!!!

Follow one of the links below to our wonderful Christmas Album!

http://www.garritan.com/spotlight/ga...-album-vol-11/

http://www.garritan.com/blog/share-1...-christmas-cd/

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Re: 11th Annual Garritan Christmas Community Album

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    It's here!!!

Follow one of the links below to our wonderful Christmas Album!

http://www.garritan.com/spotlight/ga...-album-vol-11/

http://www.garritan.com/blog/share-1...-christmas-cd/

Gary A.
    Hello Gary,

Thanks for posting the links here.

It's a great album of music. Thanks to all our contributors for such a variety of wonderful music. Thanks also to Carol Spenillo at MakeMusic for all her hard work. Special thanks also to Gary Garrirtan for starting this beautiful tradition and to our mastering engineer Dan Kury.

Very best wishes to everyone.

Michael
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

The Garritan Community Christmas Album gets better and better every year!
    Can't figure what we will do in 2015.
    Congratulation to everyone you fellow musicians — and to all the supporting people that made this possible.
    Buon Natale a Tutti.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Just a question, but I went to print the cover and CD labels, and they will not print directly to my printer, not even the one labelled as an "Avery template". Normally, pdf files print without incident, but these appear to be convinced there is "nothing selected" (yes, I clicked on "all pages" in the selection column)
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post
    Just a question, but I went to print the cover and CD labels, and they will not print directly to my printer, not even the one labelled as an "Avery template". Normally, pdf files print without incident, but these appear to be convinced there is "nothing selected" (yes, I clicked on "all pages" in the selection column)
    I'm just getting started on mine, Kevin, so I will see what it does for me and report back.

Gary

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Three people I would really like to thank:

To Michael B., for all of your hard work helping to organize this huge project and for keeping all of us on track! This might never have happened without your reminders and wonderful encouragement!

To Dan Kury, for your incredible talent at mixing and mastering all of our tunes! You have done this for so many years and I am truly grateful to you!

And to Carol Spenillo at MakeMusic for getting those contracts out to us and putting the final touches on the art work!

You three have helped so much and I'm truly grateful to be such wonderful company!

Gary A.

To Dan Kury, for your incredible talent at mixing and mastering all of our tunes!
    I just want to let everyone know that I only master the project, I don't have any mixing involvement except my own tune.

I don't want to take credit for mixing when the individuals who produce their songs do that themselves with their own computers, software and samples.

And for sure... thank you Michael, Carol and all the folks who just want to make Music.
    Of course Gary Garritan our leader and musical HERO too!

Finally, let us NOT forget the wackiest Northern Sounds forum member of all time "STYXX (Michael Salamone) who came up with the idea of making a free Christmas project for the whole world to hear Garritan sounds.

Merry Christmas Everyone !
    Dan

I'm just getting started on mine, Kevin, so I will see what it does for me and report back.

Gary

Gary- Over on the other forum, there is another person with printing problems. I've been in touch with Carol (who seems to never sleep); she sent me a second version, which also failed to print. Something to do with an embedded font problem according to the error message.

I've sent her the error message. She is working on it, but we may need to wait for the art dept on Monday morning..

(Also for anyone else who may be having printing problems w this year's artwork.)

Kevin
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Three people I would really like to thank:

To Michael B., for all of your hard work helping to organize this huge project and for keeping all of us on track! This might never have happened without your reminders and wonderful encouragement!

To Dan Kury, for your incredible talent at mixing and mastering all of our tunes! You have done this for so many years and I am truly grateful to you!

And to Carol Spenillo at MakeMusic for getting those contracts out to us and putting the final touches on the art work!

You three have helped so much and I'm truly grateful to be such wonderful company!

Gary A.
    Hello gary,

Thank you for your comment, that's very kind.

My thanks also to everyone involved and to Gary Garritan. This is a truly unique project; there is hnothing else like it on the internet.

Best wishes to everyone.

Michael
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post
    Gary- Over on the other forum, there is another person with printing problems. I've been in touch with Carol (who seems to never sleep); she sent me a second version, which also failed to print. Something to do with an embedded font problem according to the error message.

I've sent her the error message. She is working on it, but we may need to wait for the art dept on Monday morning..

(Also for anyone else who may be having printing problems w this year's artwork.)

Kevin
    Hello Kevin,

Here's a workaround which I've also posted in the other forums.

As reported there is a problem with the font in the creative which prevents printing in many cases. I reported this to Carol on Friday and they need their Art dept. to look into it.

However, there is a workaround.

(1) Unpack the files from the downloaded zip folder.
    (2) Open your graphics program; I use Photoshop Elements.
    (3) Open the pdf creative directly in your graphics program.
    (4) My Photoshop Elements picked up the artwork and opened it without any problems.
    (5) Save the opened file as a jpg or png or whatever.
    (6) You should now be able to print without any problems.
    (7) Alternatively, load the jpg or png into a document or a Desktop Publisher and print away.

I hope this helps.

Michael
    Michael

Go Back to forum