• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio on remote computer doesn't respond to MIDI

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio on remote computer doesn\'t respond to MIDI

I have GPO Studio and Personal Orchestra installed on my second computer which has been home to GigaStudio. GPO Studio will not respond to MIDI messages on any of the ports. GigaStudio responds correctly and even Personal Orchestra (standalone) will respond to port 1.

I am using version 1.02.008 of GPO. The settings in Personal Orchestra have all the MIDI IN ports selected as \"ON\".

What have I overlooked?

Thanks!

Re: GPO Studio on remote computer doesn\'t respond to MIDI

How have you connected the 2nd PC\'s MIDI ports to the GPO Studio ports? You need some other software to make that connection.

I recommend using Bidule for the task. Download it from http://www.plogue.com You can then right-click Bidule to add your MIDI input ports from your MIDI interface and the MIDI output ports from GPO Studio. Connect them. Turn ON Bidule\'s processing. Listen to music.

Best of luck!

The easiest thing to do will be to use the midi inputs utility for GPO Studio. It will give you the abilty to choose hardware ports as you need to run GPO Studio from a second computer. Send me a Private Message with your email and I\'ll forward it to you if you like.

Duh! Jeff\'s right of course. I was so focussed on GPO Studio publishing its own ports that I forgot it could point itself to published ports.

Sorry for any misdirection.

Originally posted by Jeff Hurchalla:
    The easiest thing to do will be to use the midi inputs utility for GPO Studio. It will give you the abilty to choose hardware ports as you need to run GPO Studio from a second computer. Send me a Private Message with your email and I\'ll forward it to you if you like.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Jeff,
    What \"midi input utilities?\" I can\'t seem to find them.

Rick

Go Back to forum