• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New GPO piece

New GPO piece

This is my first post on this (or any other) forum.

Here is a link to a composition of mine that I have been experimenting with in GPO.

Using a 400Mhz G4 with Logic & Panther which is not without it\'s problems.

Hope you enjoy.

Orcas Island

Re: New GPO piece

Thanks for sharing this. Your piece is delightful and brought a smile to my face [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (especially after a bad Mac day). It was good to hear some really fine music done with Panther.
    Keep up the great work. I hope you don\'t mind if I post or link to this on the GPO web site. Looking forward to hearing more of your music!

Gary Garritan

This also brought a smile to my face.
    very delightful,Nice work!

Dear JJ,

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And the smiles just keep on coming. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I really enjoyed the piece - it was so - light and well done. Hope to hear more in the future. Congrats.

Thanks for the generous comments.

Gary, would be delighted for you to post or link to this piece on your site.

I love this piece. I\'d be interested to know the particulars. Instruments used, reverb, EQ, soundcard, etc.

I seem to struggle with the use of reverb, yet what you\'ve got here is near perfect, just the right amount of ambience. And so CLEAN sounding.

What\'s your secret?

Heard this charming little gem before going to the dentist this morning. Wish I could say it helped the dental experience, however it sure helped my attitude. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yo Karl the Dentist rules! So many cool sounds going on in that place. I always sit back a listen to the find detail of my teeth griting against strange medal gadgets! Oh jeeeze loads of fun. Also to make conversation with your dentist ask him or her why Dentists are the most sucidal profession. This is a fact....makes sense to me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

yea very nice little number JJ.

Aleatoric, You’re right about the cool sounds at the dentist. Maybe next time I’ll ask him if I can bring a DAT machine and if he could find room in my mouth for a U87 with the other stuff. Then bring home some samples and carefully weave them together with the GPO strings and we’ve got a hit. Would you like 10% of the publishing for the idea? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hi, very nice piece.
    Can you tell me what are the limitation you found with your system? how many instruments do you ge working together before reaching your CPU limit?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast