• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO: Problems with saving volume settings

Share/Bookmark

GPO: Problems with saving volume settings

I am working in Cubase and the volume settings of the kontakt player are not saved with the song. Is this problem known and/or is there a workaround for it? Sure I can save the channel volume settings in cubase but that doesn\'t really solve the problem.

Is this a bug or am I doing sth wrong?

Re: GPO: Problems with saving volume settings

Ok...I\'ve found my own workaround in Cubase...just for the case that someone also seeks a solution there you go:

-Turn on the global read button in the mixer.
    -Set your instruments volume in the cubase inspector. Sometimes the Kontakt gui doesn\'t fellow but the actual volume value is the one shown in the inspector.
    -Go to the insert effects in the inspector and choose the \"control\" plugin. Set the value of the mod wheel to 100. Save this as your default song and then you don\'t have to turn the wheel each time you want to start to play. Later on sure the modwhweel is in constant action but I found it quite enerving to turn the wheel each time you start an instrument.

Which version of Cubase and GPO are you using?

I have d/l\'ed the latest updates to both and do not have this problem, the volume (and all other settings within the Kontakt player) are saved within my project.

The updates for GPO can be d/l\'ed from Gary\'s site http://www.garritan.com and the Cubase updates can be d/l\'ed from http://www.steinberg.net

I am running SX 2.0.1 BTW...

Cubases SE and the newest GPO Kontakt player. I don\'t believe that it is Cubase...Kompakt eg. saves its Volume settings without any trouble.

It\'s very disturbing..... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum