• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubasis MP3 "Trial"+Other Issue

Share/Bookmark

Cubasis MP3 "Trial"+Other Issue

Hi...
    Has anyone bought the \"Unlock\" to allow Cubasis to do more than 20 MP3s?

If so, from where? For how much?

I saw it for $10 at atom5.com, but I am not familiar with that site--any advice/experience with them?

Gary, how far away is a \"make MP3\" function in GPO Studio? Any other Studio happenings?

Also--Cubasis is no longer a Steinberg-supported product. It now belongs to Pinnacle, who, according to an email they sent me, have no idea about anything related to upgrades

Thanx...Jim

Re: Cubasis MP3 "Trial"+Other Issue

Well, I saw something about a new version of Studio with a lot of bug fixes being shipped with the newest version of GPO, but it hasn\'t been uploaded to the site...er...dunno.

Originally posted by snorlax:
    Hi...
    Has anyone bought the \"Unlock\" to allow Cubasis to do more than 20 MP3s?

If so, from where? For how much?

I saw it for $10 at atom5.com, but I am not familiar with that site--any advice/experience with them?

Gary, how far away is a \"make MP3\" function in GPO Studio? Any other Studio happenings?

Also--Cubasis is no longer a Steinberg-supported product. It now belongs to Pinnacle, who, according to an email they sent me, have no idea about anything related to upgrades

Thanx...Jim
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Prof. Jim,

Pinnacle purchased Steinberg and as far as I know is still supported. It seems that the acquisition may have left some corporate-types in the dark. From what I hear things are changing with Steinberg (for the good :>)). I will contact Steinberg/Pinnacle and see what I can find out.

Gary Garritan

As far as I can tell, the bundled Cubasis will let you convert to wav file as many times as you want. After doing that I\'ve converted the wav file to MP3 using another program, like jukebox. Whether there is any significant loss of sound quality when doing it this way, I can\'t tell, as all I have are the little lousy computer speakers. If there are sound loss issues (in theory and/or in practice), I\'d love to know.

Rich

Go Back to forum