• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yet another simple question

Share/Bookmark

Re: Yet another simple question

OK, I found out how the loop function worked but there is this annoying click every time the loop begins from the start. I have played this loop smooth in SoundForge without any clicks, how come it has appeared now?

If it\'s smooth in Sound Forge and not in Giga I\'m guessing that the loop points set in the Giga editor for that sample may not match the ones specified in the .wav file for some reason. Try importing the sample again into the editor (right click on the sample and select \"replace sample\").

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by synthare:
    OK, I found out how the loop function worked but there is this annoying click every time the loop begins from the start. I have played this loop smooth in SoundForge without any clicks, how come it has appeared now?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Write down the sample numbers at the two loop points in Sound forge and then compare them to the numbers in Giga.

As you know, a loop can be one sample out and make the difference between a smooth zero-crossing transition, and a pop.

Yet another simple question

OK, so now I\'ve learned how to convert wav-files to gig. Now I wan\'t to find out where I find the loop function.
    I\'ve found a loop function in the editor but I can\'t seem to get it working \"my way\". Any tutorials?

btw. thanx chadwick for your quick response and helpful resources

[This message has been edited by synthare (edited 03-19-2001).]

Go Back to forum