• Register
  • Help

Topic: New demo (number 4) from Scarbee J-Slap!

Share/Bookmark

Re: New demo (number 4) from Scarbee J-Slap!

Thomas,
    Your demos leave me (almost) speechless - certainly with a big smile on my face.

I understand the tails- a really clever use of a feature I thought had little practicallity past piano and harpsicord, but I don\'t understand how you get what sounds like legato response on some of the samples - you know, as if you\'re playing one sample which doesn\'t retrigger when you play a few other notes in the phrase?

Are those sampled phrases, or is it clever Giga programming?

New demo (number 4) from Scarbee J-Slap!

Hi All,

This new demosong 4 is composed, performed and produced by Scarbee & Trk-El-Son. All bass programming by Scarbee.

It\'s a moody shuffle-beat in tempo 90 featuring a bass-theme, tapping and fast licks performed by J-Slap 2 (both pick-ups).

EQ, Chorus and Reverb from GigaStudio 160 has been added to the bass sound.

This demo and the other 3 demoes of Scarbee J-Slap can be downloaded at: www.scarbee.com

Cheers

Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Hi Chadwick,

\"Are those sampled phrases, or is it clever Giga programming?\"

There are NO sampled phrases - I use legato-tails and sometimes these are followed with grace-note (half/whole)-tails and slide-tails. Have you downloaded the \"solo\" version or the MIDI-version of demosong 4? Here you can really find out what is going on...

Thomas

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 03-20-2001).]

I listened to the solo version, but haven\'t looked at the midi - shall do.

Still, I don\'t understand \'legato tails\'.

After I have recorded a legato frase (hammer on) C3 - D3 I cut the sample just as the \"hammer on\" reaches D3. Then I save this sample as a legato-tail. I can the use any sustained note (or another -tail)as the attack note and then \"glue\" the legato-tail to the back of this. Grace-notes and slides etc. has been \"cut-up\" this way too. All the tails has been carefully programmed concerning volume, so it is easy to make it sound real. There are different tails for thumbed/plucked (D/G-strings)

Go Back to forum