• Register
  • Help

Topic: SAM Horns

SAM Horns

do you usually compensate for the delay?

I don\'t mean the audio/soundcard latency type of delay. The way they were sampled (excellent quality btw) was to preserve their attack. So playing quantized notes on some articulations (even staccato) makes them sound a bit behind...Anyone having any comments please?

p.s. sorry for posting it here, I know I should have gonne to the Libraries forum - my mistake! And I can\'t transfer it now, can I?

Chandler, Arizona

Re: SAM Horns

Most sequencers have a time function to move the tracks forwards or backwards. This helps fine tune the feel of tracks and to also help with dragging latencies. Staccato samples normally attack sooner than a legato sample so either the legato samples need to be moved up or the staccato samples back. After you do a couple tracks, you\'ll be able to dial in the numbers pretty close.

Re: SAM Horns

I have noticed a definete delay with the Marcato samples as they kind of swell into the note. Just turn off snapping and drag them forward a little if need be.

In fact, I have also noticed this with the GOS aggressive short bows, they seem to need to sit a little bit ahead of the beat.

Go Back to forum