• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: So Many GPO Demos

Share/Bookmark

So Many GPO Demos

There are over 65 GPO demos on our website and we have at least that many more that have been submitted by users. I need to find a way of categorizing and presenting many more mp3 demos on my website

It would be great if all of these demos can be presented in a way that is easy to navigate.
    Perhaps we could make different categories - classical, pop, hollywood, disco, etc. Maybe a top 10 category as well or organize by composer.

Here\'s the URL: www.garritan.com/mp3.html

Please let me know what your thoughts and suggestions are.

Gary Garritan

Re: So Many GPO Demos

I don\'t mind the list like it is now, but perhaps cut out all the pictures, to make it quicker to navigate, and put all the demos in alphabetical order by the person who rendered them.

The category thing would be okay, but then what would you do with the more experimental demos? And if you had a progressive/experimental category, some composers might be offended that theirs was or was not deemed \"progressive/experimental\".

You might want to seperate by original and mock-ups maybe. One alphabetical page of mock-ups, one of original comps...?

Anybody like/dislike this method?

I think my picture should be bigger and up at the top of the page.

True that a bit of organizing would be welcome [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Would it be possible to make the demos page like a data base where one could sort the demos the way he\'d like ?

Just a suggestion, I\'m not even sure I\'d need that myself [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think the best way is to organize them for genere (classical, film, jazz) and for instrumentations: string quartet, full orchestra, ...

I think it\'s definetely necessary a little organizzation
    Michael

I think you should get rid of my picture altogether...

I think you should do a floating java cube navigation system that allows someone to select by genre, instrumentation, and time period. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Just kidding. I do think that the sheer quantity is getting cumbersome, and is a nice problem to have. It would be somewhat helpful to not only have a \"New\" marker, but a date associated with an entry.

That leads me to this semi-non-rhetorical question - is it time for a submission database/data repository and query form? I\'m looking at how K-v-R organizes their listing for plugs - and it\'s pretty slick. How about something like that for GPO mockups?

I have MS Access... that does databases...

Originally posted by Houston Haynes:
    I think you should do a floating java cube navigation system that allows someone to select by genre, instrumentation, and time period. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Just kidding.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Great idea!! Maybe Alan can figure something like that out.
    Gary

I just ordered GPO yesterday, and the MP3 page was a HUGE factor in helping me determine if GPO was right for me. I agree that putting them into categories (perhaps with seperate pages for each category) would probably help people find songs representing what they want to use GPO to compose. The page has become too long. It was great to have so many selections to hear before making my buying decision though! I\'m really looking forward to the arrival of my GPO. I\'m a Mac OSX user... but I took a leap of faith. With the kind of personal attention I see you providing on this forum, I think I\'ll be in good hands if there are problems.

Go Back to forum