• Register
  • Help

Topic: Easiest way to mix the Gigs midi to audio in Cake9

Share/Bookmark

Easiest way to mix the Gigs midi to audio in Cake9

How to mix the Gigastudios midi to audio in Cakewalk 9.
    I haven´t figured this one out yet. My sound hardware is M-Audio Audiophile 2496.
    Could the pros of this list give me a hint how this could been done.
    Could this been done internally or is the only sollution from spdif out to spdif in ?

Thank You,
    Mat

Re: Easiest way to mix the Gigs midi to audio in Cake9

I too would like to know. I have a Delta 1010 soundcard with Cakewalk PA9 and Giga 96.
    Thanks

Just capture each track to a .wav file in GS. Then import the waves into Cakewalk.

I don\'t get any audio signal when I record the gigs to wave files in Cakewalk, that\'s why I\'m wondering if I have to use seperate outs on my Delta 1010 to get the audio or reroute something in Cakewalk-hell I don\'t know. I see the wave file in Cakewalk, but I get no audio.
    Right now I just record all of my giga waves into Cool Edit Pro. It doesn\'t really matter to me, I like Cool Edit Pro better when it comes to mixing down then Cakewalk. I actually think the wave files in Cool Edit Pro have less of a noise floor then in Cakewalk, and I also get occasional pops in audio waves in Cakewalk also and the noise reduction in Cool Edit Pro is great. (a little slow, but very quiet)

I just record right into Cakewalk. My audio card is the Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96. I set the recording track to use the Direct Pro 3,4 and/or 5,6 outputs and then record the midi track as it plays.

You do have to use separate outs in Cakewalk from those dedicated to Gigastudio.

Doug

Go Back to forum