• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi Files for Demos

Share/Bookmark

Midi Files for Demos

Do I remember correctly that Gary said that he would be posting midi files for some of the demos after NAMM? It would be a great help in understanding how certain effects are achieved.

Freya

Re: Midi Files for Demos

Originally posted by Freya:
    Do I remember correctly that Gary said that he would be posting midi files for some of the demos after NAMM? It would be a great help in understanding how certain effects are achieved.

Freya
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You remember correctly Freya. Although I haven\'t quite recovered from the NAMM whirlwind, I would be happy to post some.

What would users like to see? We can do MIDI files, Cubasis files, Overture files and/or Sonar files. The problem with MIDI files is that each sequencer would have to be individually configured (and I don\'t have all of them). Perhaps a MIDI file and a list of the correspomding instruments for each track. Let me see what I can do. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Gary Garritan

Gary,
    Perhaps the great sequencing artists here could take an extra minute to save their files as MIDIs so that they could be imported into any sequencer. Notationists could also save as MIDI, which seems to be the common denominator.
    The ability to equate a certain sound with the MIDI events that generated it would be invaluable!!
    I am also looking forward to Francesco\'s tutorials, needless to say.

Jim

Well I have to say I\'m biased in favor of SONAR files.

But I\'m just glad that the demos will be offered at all!!

Cubase SX files would be well received!

thanks,

Greg

I would think midi files would help the most people. Of course Cubasis comes with GPO so that would be another common denominator. Of course I’m only saying this because I use Cubase and could easily import Cubasis files.

I would like Cubasis and Overture files. It should be very nice if someone worked with Overture and its integrated GPO playback feature to see how they works.
    thanks
    Michael

Good idea. Send some Overture files to show us how well it works [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dedicated sequencer-freaks (like me and.. well, all of us) get a sequencer, and stick to it. Maybe you could woo us and make us think twice [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Also, I\'d love to see some *cough* Sonar *cough* midi files.

- Junkwanathan Anand

Go Back to forum