• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Sonar plugin released

GPO Sonar plugin released

The first version of GPO Sonar plugin is released; any feedback is welcome.
    You can download it at: http://hdan.com

</font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">real-time recording mapping between velocity, pitch bend or input controllers to any output controllers.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">option of using a linear (default) or logarithmic response curve for the output controllers.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">option of muting the input events (except for velocity) and keeping only the output controllers during recording and playback. This is useful when using pitch bend as input source.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Works with Sonar 2 and 3</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    Unzip the file in the destination directory (your choice) and run install.bat
    After that add this option to the Ttsseq.ini file in your Sonar directory (in the Options section):

This is important and is recommended by Cakewalk when using MIDI filters that generate MIDI events. It will not work properly without it (I forgot about it and I spent a lot of time debugging it on one machine).

On the MIDI track you want to do recording add in the FX lane the GPO plugin and in the UI add the mapping you need.

If you choose muting for the source controller events (good for pitch bend) the input event will not be sent during recording and playback but it will be recorded in the track.
    To completely remove the source events from the track select the clip and choose in the Sonar menu Process->Apply MIDI Effects

Orcas Island

Re: GPO Sonar plugin released

Thanks for creating this GPO Sonar plugin. I can\'t wait to try it. I tied clicking on the link but got an Template Error. If you email me the file as an attachment I could host it on the GPO site as well.

Gary Garritan

Thanks for all your work, Dan, it’s appreciated. I’m looking forward to trying out your plugin.

Hi Gary,

It must be a configuration problem for the default document on my end, http://hdan.com/index.php should work.
    The direct link to the file is: http://hdan.com/filemgmt_data/files/GPOPlugin1.0.zip

The site it\'s fixed now, before I couldn\'t test it with IE since I unistall it.
    I had to use my work computer [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The link should work.

The link works now. If I had Sonar, I\'d download it. I\'m waiting for a Cubase version [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I was thinking of doing that, it’s even easier to program for Cubase but they already have a very good MIDI mapping plugin. I’m not sure if it’s real time during recording or only during playback, you should try it out, it’s harder for me to investigate, I’m not familiar with Cubase.
    Anyway, there is a Sonar wrapper for Cubase written by Steinberg if you would want to use this one.

Sounds really cool Dan. I\'m looking forward to trying it.

Thanks Dan. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Dan! I gave it a quick run, and it seems to work fine in Sonar 2.2. This will be a time saver for me.

Go Back to forum