• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Adventure/Hollywood Style

Hamburg, Germany

GPO Adventure/Hollywood Style

Hi there,

just another short test to see how GPO goes with some hollywood-styled score. As always, be aware that I\'m new to orchestral music and this is by no means a perfect score ..

Here it is: Adventure GPO

As you see, GPO actually managed this kind of theme, but I love to see some staccato brass (only the trumpets do some \"believable staccato\") and the short bowed strings could have a more aggressive version added.

For comparsion I did the same theme using Edirol\'s HQ Orchestra. The sound cannot stand against GPO (I used the HQO internal reverb so the comparsion is not 100%), but you\'ll see what I mean with more aggressive short bows.

Here it is: Adventur HQO

Hope you enjoy it,

Orcas Island

Re: GPO Adventure/Hollywood Style

I did enjoy your Adventure GPO. I hope this theme is developed further. We will see what we can do about providing some staccato brass for the next updates.

Thank you for posting this.

Gary Garritan

I think some more staccatos overall would make a nice expansion to GPO.

I too have been using my Edirol to add some sharp down bows and agressive brass staccatos. I think it mostly winds up a better timbre match to GPO than my SAM brass (which are excellent staccatos).

GPO is such a great product that \'true\' staccatos would make it darn near perfect!

Just my two cents:

If the new stacatto samples could be reached through keyswitching, velocity switching, or perhaps in a different octave (but same patch) as the sustain samples, that would be great.

I prefer to not have to run multiple tracks just to get different articulations. This goes for pizz as well. The way I work requires me to switch back and forth between notation and sequencer, which means I like to keep my tracks consistent with my staves.

The ability to receive Bank/Patch changes per track would be a HUGE plus for me. But perhaps this is an issue for NI?

Go Back to forum