• Register
  • Help

Topic: 1st GPO run ...

1st GPO run ...

Hi everyone ! I\'ve been enjoying these forums for a while and finally after much readings I fell for GPO ... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I\'ve done my first (ahem) composition with it and I would like some advices about it so :

It\'s very scary to post something among such fine people like you ! But hey everyone has to start one day ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: 1st GPO run ...

Um... it kinda cut off abruptly... almost like the recording wasn\'t finished.

Okay, then... nevermind the above post. It must have been the computer I was on, because I tried downloading it at home and got the entire thing.

So, anyway... overall I thought the piece was very pretty. The transition to the piano half was very well down, although you might want to look at the middle strings--they sound rather abrupt. Also, in the first half I think the flute could possibly use a little embellishment. Of course, these are only my opinions. I can easily hear the piece as the background to a clip from a fantasy movie.

Welcome to the family. Nice first demo. Looking forward to hearing more

Boy, what a talented group of people we have here. I liked this piece a lot. Keep \'em coming.

Orcas Island

Very nice composition and very good orchestration. My only suggestion (that has nothing to do with the peice) would be to try a little more ambience.

I guess it can be a little scary posting a demo for the first time, but you are in good company here. I hope to hear more of your music.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Thanks for the nice comments ! I couldn\'t hope for a better company ! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I tried as you suggested Gary and added more ambience. I feared adding too much reverb could be interpreted as masking imperfections ... However the strings part in the second half sounds a lot smoother now, I guess less abrupt as FossMan said :

Thanks again guys, you made my day ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jean-Guy, the reverb sounds perfect on this version. Great work!

Yes... very nice!

Go Back to forum