• Register
  • Help

Topic: Muted Brass in GPO

Share/Bookmark

Muted Brass in GPO

First of all... **THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM, MERELY A QUESTION**

Are there any plans for GPO to have muted brass samples?

Re: Muted Brass in GPO

Fossman,

GPO already has muted brass instruments (the most common orchestral mute: straight mute) in trumpets, trombones and French horns. They\'re available in both solo and ensemble forms.

Tom

Errrr.... sheesh, don\'t I feel like an idiot!

Hehe.. dont feel like that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I had forgotten about them, never used them yet.. But now i will

Thanks =)

Hi there! Sorry to dig out this zombie-thread...

Lately I was playing around with GPO because I am in the process of mocking up some mro pieces I composed earlier. One of those requires stopped horns.

Naturally I looked into the mute Horn Ens patches, but I find them weird... Is it just my own deafness or do the mute Horns sound nearly identical to the nonmuted ones? I admit having not much experience with real life French Horns, but I heard many, many recordings of mute and stopped Horns that don't sound like the GPO mute Horns.

I'd love to find out if I am doing something wrong, or if some kind of unusual mute was used when recording the Horns.

Please don't take this as critisism, I am only curious about it.

A true stopped horn would be very useful, though, in addition to the mute. The sound is way different. (read: I need the sound )
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Go Back to forum