• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO fails with Tempo Events in SONAR 2.2

Share/Bookmark

GPO fails with Tempo Events in SONAR 2.2

I am a novice to GPO. Thanks for the great software.

If I put more than one tempo event in a bar, GPO fails to sound some of the notes within the bar. In other case, some of the notes do not stop at the note-off.

This occurs with GPO DXi plug-in in SONAR 2.2 but GPO VST plug-in with VST Adapter for SONAR does not show such a problem. I am running the program on Pentium 4/2.2GHz/Windows XP/1GB RAM system.

Is this a known problem?

By the way, here is my first try to GPO. A Japanese old song arranged for GPO.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/yamamoto_jun/shikara.mp3

Re: GPO fails with Tempo Events in SONAR 2.2

Hi Jeff

Could you explain how to use the vst adapter? I have that tempo issue and it\'s a real pain!

Thanks

- Junkstoyevsky

Mr. Hurchalla,

Thank you very much for your warm words and kind explanation regarding the bug. I surely use the vst version for the work.

Jun,

This is a beautiful piece. I like the way you made the harp sound like a koto. How did you do the koto glissandi at 00:18? Was it programmed in?

I hope Jeff\'s advice helped. Looking forward to hearing more of your music.

Gary Garritan

Cool song [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I really enjoyed it.

The tempo bug with the Kontakt player DXi version in Sonar is a known bug. We\'re hoping NI will fix it in one of the updates, but for now you should be able to work around it easily by just using the VST version in Sonar, via the VST adapter. We generally recommend for anyone in Sonar to use the VST version, primarily because of this bug.

Dear Mr. Garritan,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for the marvelous software in its power and the price.

>How did you do the koto glissandi at 00:18? Was it programmed in?

Not actually. The glissando is a mere series of 32nd notes which I put one by one manually on the piano scroll of SONAR for the chromatic harp instance.

Sincerely,

Junkmonkey,

Here\'s a rundown on the VST adapter for Sonar. If you have Sonar 3, then you need to make sure you installed it. Sonar 2.2 and lower does not come with the VST adapter and you\'ll need to purchase it from Cakewalk or upgrade to Sonar 3. Make sure you install the VST version of GPO.

After you have installed the VST adapter, which is a separate program from Sonar, then you\'ll need to run it with Sonar not running. Have it search for VST plugins. You will need the path where you installed the GPO plugin which usually installs under the Program Files directory on your C: drive in the Native Instruments folder. There should be a VST folder under this. The VST adapter should find all of your VST plugins. Accept what it finds and close the VST adapter.

Now run Sonar. You will find the new VST\'s added under the DXi option in the Insert menu. There will be a new category at the bottom call VST. Click on it and you will see your VST plugins.

Go Back to forum