• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Giliw Ko (GPO Version)

Re: Giliw Ko (GPO Version)

This sounds awesome. Great job!

-- Martin

Fantastic. Really shows the the expressiveness of GPO well. I hope some of the doubters hear this! Really beautiful orchestration. I\'d like to hear the original to compare the two, do you have a link to it as well?

Nhick, once again you\'ve shown that a true artist can do amazing things with whatever tools are available. You and GPO are a great match.

I heard the original version and as much as I loved it, I have say I like this one even better.

Thank you for your replies. I just got to talk with Gary a few minutes ago and he suggested that I use GOS impulse reverbs. So that\'s what I did and I think the piece sounds even grander now with all that space!

I have changed the file on-line. If you click on the url above or below, you will get the updated file.

The original giga-made file is still at my site, if you want to listen to both for comparison.

Thank you, Gary, for all the help!

Orcas Island

You did an absolutely incredible job! Your composition is just beautiful. The balance and sense of space is just right.

I hope to hear more of your music. So glad you were the 10,000th poster. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for sharing this.

Gary Garritan

Sounds great Nhick [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Giliw Ko (GPO Version)

After recently posting my composition, \"Giliw Ko\" (using Giga libraries that included GOS Lite, Westgate Woodwinds, SAM Horns and Art Vista Malmjo piano), I am excited to share its GOS version. Yes, I finally have a complete orchestral library in one sngle package! Thanks to Gary Garritan for such a wonderful set of sounds!

All the sounds I used were loaded in two instances of Kontakt and sequenced using Sonar 3. There used to be a bug crashing Sonar with this setup, but with the Kontakt 1.52 update, this was fixed. I used the music file that I used in the original \"Giliw Ko\", but I had to redo velocities, cc1, and even tweaked some notes to suit GPO. I also added a harp. I am happy with the result!

Let me know what you guys think.

One word... SUPERFANTABULOUS!!!!

What an amazing piece!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Hamburg, Germany

Really, really beautiful and nothing else I could say.

Nick, This is absolutely one of the most beautifully romantic arrangements I’ve ever heard. You have a right to be very proud. It must give Gary a real thrill to hear all his little virtual musicians playing so lovingly. I think I’ll put this on a CD, listen to it tonight with my wife, a glass of wine, candles, etc. etc…. I\'d better stop here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum