• Register
  • Help

Topic: Keyboard Recommendations?

Keyboard Recommendations?

I am considering purchasing a MIDI keyboard. First of all, I need to know what the requirements for using it with GPO are. I know about the mod wheel and the foot pedal, but is there anything else that would be beneficial, i.e. a high number of keys?

Any hardware or software needed other than a MIDI cable?

Cost? I\'m trying to keep it below $200.

Okay, thanks in advance.

Re: Keyboard Recommendations?

Here\'s a few tips...
    Save yourself a headache and get an 88 or 76 key controller, and not a 61 key. It might be a tad bit more expensive but much more flexible in the long run. I currently use a 61 key and I hate the fact that I have to go out of my way to insert notes below or above my 61 key spread. It can be done, of course, but I myself am in the market for a 88 key synth. (Any sellers? I\'m serious!)
    Also make SURE it has at least a mod wheel, and yes you do NEED a foot pedal as well. Check out ebay for any deals. Good Luck.

Re: Keyboard Recommendations?

If you are looking for a keyboard controller I highly recommend StudioLogic Fatar SL series. They offer fully weighted, hammer action keyboards, top of the line. Great velocity controls and sample layering. These keyboards are strictly controllers and do not come with any sounds but all the time and energy went into designing a great controller. I personally have an SL 1100 and I love it!

Go Back to forum