• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio Midi Ports Problem

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio Midi Ports Problem

Hi,
    I\'m running GPO on an XP Home Dell 8100.
    GPO is working well as a stand-alone or VST inside SX2, but I have problems with GPO Studio.
    The issue is related with the GPO Studio Midi ports 1-8: I can see them appear in Overture SE (they are setup correctly in windows/tracks popup) and overture is sending out midi signal, but GPO Studio is not reacting.
    I\'ve also tried to use SX2, creating a Midi track and selecting the GPO Studio Midi port 1. SX2 is sending out midi signals but still no reaction from GPO Studio.
    I\'ve already checked the Mod Wheel to be sure is not 0.
    I\'ve reinstalled GPO Studio twice with no success.
    One other thing: I also have Midi Yoke installed.

Any idea ?

Thanks
    GF

Re: GPO Studio Midi Ports Problem

Did you check the audio driver settings in GPO studio?

Yes,
    I forgot to mention: the audio setup is correct.
    Playing on a player keyboard in GPO Studio I can hear the sound (both under DirectDound and Asio).
    I think the issue is related to the Midi settings somewhere in my OS (probably Midi Yoke...)

Thx
    GF

Could you try running the Midi Inputs utility for GPO Studio? It is on the bonus disc if you bought GPO in the last month, otherwise you can download it from the support area of www.garritan.com

This will let you use a midi keyboard with GPO Studio - which makes for a very easy way to see if the ports are working. Make sure you keep the utility running (do not close it) while using GPO Studio!!!

If you can play from your keyboard just fine with the midi input utility, then there may be a problem or misconfiguration with Overture. We\'ll straighten it out pretty easily I think, no matter where the problem you\'re having originates.

Hi,
    I\'ve downloaded the utility from the support site (despite the fact that I bought GPO last week it was not on the disk).
    Keep it open while playing with a Roland PCR-30 USB Keyboard (using Edirol PCR1 Midi Driver).
    No luck.
    I can work with GPO if I use another host (Cubase SX) but I cannot use GPO Studio (with Overture)

Also everytime I exit GPO Studio I get an error from the operating system. Kontakt player version is 1.02.008.

AppName: personalorchestrastudio.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: personalorchestravst.dll
    ModVer: 1.0.2.8 Offset: 0000bf13

Thx
    GF

Hi GF. I\'m sending you a private message so that you\'ll be able to send a GPO Studio log to me in email. I\'ll include short instructions.

Oh my god! So that\'s why my keyboard controller doesn\'t work with GPO studio! I thought it was the way it was set up in the software. Danmit Jim! Spock screwed up the transporter again! Bones! What do you make of that? Looks like you messed up the software captain! Download the patch! Sulu, set corse for Garritan home base...Warp facter 8!
    I think I lost it guys...

Jeff,
    I downloaded the midi utility and opened it as explained. Finally I can use my keyboard. Only one thing. The Lit is real bad. Notes sounding so behind. How do I fix this problem?

Jeff,
    I\'ve sent to you the log.

I\'ve tried some troublshooting on my own.
    I have installed everything on another laptop that runs W2000 instead of XP.
    In this case after the installation of Studio the system displayed a message where it stated that the \"midi driver could not start because there is no room in the Windows registry\".
    He asked if I would like to swap with a duplicated driver I have on my system. I answered yes and everything was fine (and no errors when closing Studio).
    Now, how can I do the same on my XP Home laptop ? (I\'ve tried the procedure suggested in this forum but it does\'nt work - maybe it\'s me not so able to deal with registry tweaking)

Thx
    GF

Hi,
    tried to reproduce the yhing in my xp laptop.
    Still no luck but now it\'s a different dll that goes in error when exit Studio.

AppName: personalorchestrastudio.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: msvcp60.dll
    ModVer: 6.0.8972.0 Offset: 00001a9d

Thx
    GF

Go Back to forum