• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hotel California

Hotel California

Here\'s a sample of a MIDI file used with Cubase and GPO to get a kind of Orchestrated version. The really cool part is what I\'m posting. I used a english horn run through Amplitube to get a distorted guitar sound-ish for the lead guitar at the end of the song. It actually sounds better than most distortion guitar samples I have. I\'m probably going to actually use this for some distortion guitar parts in other midi\'s.

Hotel California is copywritten by Elektra Entertainment.

If you\'d like to hear the full mp3 of it email me and I\'ll send it to you. freywald@comcast.net

M. Freywald

Orcas Island

Re: Hotel California

I never heard an English Horn wail like this before! But you know the English [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] This may even cause guitar rockers to take a serious look at the English Horn.

This is a very unique application of GPO. Thanks for posting this!

Gary Garritan

Let me be the first to say that this is really fun stuff!!!

Great. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ah shucks Gary, you beat me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That\'s what I get for taking the time to use a spell checker. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I’ll bet Gary, you’re the guy that always beats me on Ebay too.

Thanks for the comments. I\'m still playing around with other GPO instruments being channeled through amplitube, but so far the english horn sounds best as a distortion guitar substitute.

M. Freywald

Wicked track MFreywald!

Can\'t wait to hear some more stuff from you and your Personal Orchestra...

Go Back to forum