• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Original Piano Composition by the artist "SEA"

Share/Bookmark

Original Piano Composition by the artist "SEA"

SEA (Jamie Crist) just submitted an original piano composition titled \"Come Back To Me\".

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/ComeBackToMe.mp3
    Copyright 2004 James Cris.

Here SEA shows what the GPO Steinway Grand can do. SEA sequenced this in Cubase SX.

Excellent job SEA. This is one of the better GPO piano demos I\'ve heard. You have an extraordinary playing style.

Thank you for sending this.

Gary Garritan

Re: Original Piano Composition by the artist "SEA"

Reminds me of a record I\'ve loved since the seventies, namely \"Köln Concert\" by Keith Jarrett. I enjoyed the piece and the GPO piano sounds expressive too!

Jouni

Glad you liked it Jouni!

The version you heard is actually edited down for demo purposes. The original composition is 3 minutes longer.

I since added more ambience reverb to the track which gives the piece a more live performance sound (like you are performing in a large concert hall).

I should have the original done in a few weeks.

Thanks again!

Sea [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Garritan:
    Sea,

Glad you stopped by. I\'ve received a number of positive comments about your piano demo.

You mentioned about adding more ambience to give the piece a more live performance sound.
    I have some custom impulses (sampled reverb files) I could send you that may be ideal for this.

It\'s good to have you here.

Gary Garritan
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Gary,

I\'d like to try those impulses. What program do I need to run them?

Originally posted by sea:
    Glad you liked it Jouni!

The version you heard is actually edited down for demo purposes. The original composition is 3 minutes longer.

I since added more ambience reverb to the track which gives the piece a more live performance sound (like you are performing in a large concert hall).

I should have the original done in a few weeks.

Thanks again!

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sea,

Glad you stopped by. I\'ve received a number of positive comments about your piano demo.

You mentioned about adding more ambience to give the piece a more live performance sound.
    I have some custom impulses (sampled reverb files) I could send you that may be ideal for this.

It\'s good to have you here.

Gary Garritan

SIR
    IR1 (waves)
    RayVerb (prosoniq)
    Pristine Space (voxengo)
    Gigapuls (guess..)

sir is free, but has a anoying delay of 8000 samples something, but if you use it with delaycompensation .. bla bla, you get the idea (i hope [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

SEA,

SIR is free and can be downloaded here: http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index_en.html

Convolution is also built into some DAWs and Editors like Sound Forge, Samplitude and Nuendo.
    Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

This is beautiful! It amazes me that this was played on a sampled piano - it sounds very warm and expressive, not at all \"digital\" or MIDI-ish.

Originally posted by CadeBryant:
    This is beautiful! It amazes me that this was played on a sampled piano - it sounds very warm and expressive, not at all \"digital\" or MIDI-ish.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I spent a lot of time using my velocity editor in Cubase SX to really give it that human feel.

I also have the original version almost finished. The original is 3 minutes longer than the demo with some nice transitions.

I\'ll try to have a website up in the future with more pieces from GPO. I\'ll let you know.

All the best,

Thanks for the impulses Gary!

Sea [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum