• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help! I'm Back! Help!

Share/Bookmark

Help! I\'m Back! Help!

Re: Help! I\'m Back! Help!

does everything else run ok on this machine? Have you checked into possibe bad memory? This is a memory intensive application.

Ive not had any problem with cubasis or sonar.

Tim

It\'s possible that you have bad memory or that you may have setup a MIDI feedback loop. Go through all your program settings one at a time. Sit back and think of anything you may have possibly changed since it worked correctly.

Cakewalk Home Studio should have a panic button to shut off stuck notes. It may look like an exclamation point icon. Sonar does have this feature.

GPO does not respond to program changes.

I work with computers for a living and its not uncommon for them to come out of the box already broken.

do a search for memtest86 online and you can test your memory with it. It will create a bootable disk you can use. If it runs for an hour or so with no errors, you can pretty much assume your memory is good.

Tim

M.S.

I which I could just beam over to West Seneca and check everything out myself. With Cubasis and a new computer, you should boldly go an make great music (instead of fishing).

Try doing a \"system restore\" to when things were working fine. Also, your sound card setting could be the culprit. You may need to speak with our MIDI guru ( Science Officer Jeffrey Spock).

Live Long and Prosper,

gary Garritan

Hopefully, it is setup to use WDM drivers and not MME. You may want to look into one of the professional type cards that ASIO drivers. There are decent cards in the $150-$200 range.

Okay, heres a fact: All Soundblaster cards are crap for making music! If you are serious about your music, you must invest in decent soundcard. Might I suggest the Terratec cards. I have truly excellent ASIO and WDM performance from them.

If you can afford them, the new EMU cards are terrific!

Go Back to forum