• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: last time, i promise!

Share/Bookmark

last time, i promise!

I\'ve posted one or two topics concerning clicks, but I don\'t think it\'s your everyday click that i\'m getting. When i hold down the F3 note on the section strings/cello/sus+short patch, i here a click about 6.5 seconds into the sample as well as 11.5 seconds in. WHY ON EARTH does the very next note down (E3) have NO clicks, as well as ALL the other string patches?
    Trust me when i say i\'ve done all the tweaks. The one thing I haven\'t done is reload the program. Oh well..
    here\'s an mp3 of the two notes being played back to back.....
    http://www.geocities.com/mymusicplace2003/celloclicks.mp3

Re: last time, i promise!

when i said \"as well as all the other patches\", I meant that they do NOT have clicks. (It seems to be that one sound for some reason..)

FORGET THE MP3. YAHOO/GEOCITIES IS GIVING ME PROBLEMS.

ejenkywink,
    Hey, I just ran into the same problem tonight and tried everything to eleviate it! Annoying to say the least. I thought Gary programed some quarks like bow slapping or taping or something. There has to be a way to get rid of it.
    Sorry, wish I had an solution.

i was beginning to think i was crazy! thank you for confirming it.

I\'m not hearing it on my PC, but for me, Kontakt 1.2 has some strange bug where some samples will click on occasion, then stop all by themselves. Usually I just save the sample again and it goes away. Go figure...

Gary and I have tried to hear this one on our separate systems and neither of us has found any clicks in the F3 (or any other Fs). Not sure what\'s going on here.

By the way, no need to be puzzled over something occurring on an F3 but not on an E3 - different samples.

Tom

Weird. I hadn\'t change anything in the settings since the previous day and had no clicks whatsoever last night. Is it possible a small voltage spike from a contact in the keyboard or is that a crazy thought? I am basing this possibility on the fact that it happened on different keys than listed. My Bb below mid C and Eb an octave below. Yes? No?

The note is F2! NOT F3 - please try it out section strings/cello/sus+short.
    F2!!! Hold it down for at least 12 seconds - tell me i\'m crazy!!

What sound card are you using? I know that the audigy sound cards have had problems in the past with soundfont loops clicking, and I\'m currently using an audigy and have occasional clicking problems with GPO. I haven\'t had time to replace the card to see if it\'s the culprit, but I suspect it is.

Go Back to forum