• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Demo for Sonar 3, with cwp

GPO Demo for Sonar 3, with cwp

Hi guys

The following are links to a cover of The Sorcerer\'s Apprentice, as well as the cwp, done entirely with GPO:

I tried to make the cwp look a little clean, so I took the time to color the clips (you\'ll see!).

With that said, here is the list of GPO instruments used:

Woodwinds: Flute Ens1, Flute Ens2, Flute Ens3, Oboe 1 Modern Ens1, Oboe 1 Modern Ens2, Oboe 1 Modern Ens3, Bsn 1 Ens1, Bsn 1 Ens2, CBsn 1 Solo, Bass Cl Ens1, Bb Cl Ens2, Bb Cl Ens3

Brass: Tpt 1 Ens1, Tpt Overlay, Tpt 2 Ens2, Fr Horn 1 Ens1, Fr Horn 1 Ens2, Fr Horn 2 Ens1, Fr Horn 2 Ens2, FHorn Overlay FF, FHorn Overlay F

Percussion: Glockenspiel, Timpani, Chromatic Harp 1 Lite, Cymbals

String: Vlns 1 Sus+Short, Vlns1 Tremolo, Vlns 1 Pizz, Vlns 2 Sus+Short, Vlns 2 Pizz, Vlas Sus+Short, Vlas Pizz, Vlas Trill H, Vlc Sus+Short, Basses Sus+Short

In the cwp, I included some information about the EQ\'ing that I did to each instrument, the instruments used, as well as some other information, which you can find in File | Info...

I do not remember who originally sequenced the midi file, as it has gone through a healthy series of imports/edits/exports since I have had it on my computer!

I hope you guys enjoy the file!

- Junkmonker

P.S. I created the the cwp with 512mb of ram, and midway through picked up another 512mb, totalling 1GB. I believe you can still open the file with only 512mb.

West Seneca, NY

Re: GPO Demo for Sonar 3, with cwp

Sweet! Have you ever conducted an orchestra? Very nice.

Mr. Monkey,

Excellent. This has always been one of my favorite pieces of music. Thanks to Fantasia, I always see Mickey Mouse. Very nice job. I would like to hear the entire piece though. Maybe when you get around to it!!! :-) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well Done,

What version of Sonar did you use? I got an error that it was not compatible with my version of Sonar (the latest version).

Also, I got lots of memory warnings with my 512 meg system and something about a missing Sonitus multiband EQ. Did it come with Sonar or did you add it?

-- Martin

Orcas Island

You did an outstanding job with this classic! Excellent execution. Did you use the Dover score?
    I always have childhood memories of Fantasia when I hear this.

It\'s really great that you shared the Cakewalk file. Since most don\'t have Sonitus, the bundled Ambience Reverb can be substituted. If you don\'t mind, you can make a csp with Ambience or with the Lexicon reverb that comes with Sonar.

Thank you for posting this.

Gary Garritan

I have version 3.0, Producer. Never upgraded because I never had the need to - with all these VST issues I am having, however, I will probably be upgrading soon. For now, I get by with the DXi.

I forgot that the Sonitus fx do not come with it. My friend works for Cakewalk, and he lets me try out a whole bunch of cool Sonar plug-ins The sonitus ones are amazing!

About the memory warnings, you should expect those, but I believe that with everything loaded, it is just under 512mb. What I had to do when writing was load most of the instruments (excluding the big ones, like the harp!), edit, unload some, load others, edit, etc. When it was all sequenced and fx\'d up, I loaded all and exported the audio. Getting the extra 512mb has been sooooooo worth it! Can\'t imagine going back to just 512 hehe!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Are you sure you have Sonar 3 Pro???
    Sonar 3 Producer Comes with the Vst and Sonitus Plugins, Somthing smells funny here, if I\'m wrong I\'m sorry but your file keeps crasing my system.

Crashing how? Does the file stay open for a while, then crash, or can you not even open it? I will ask in the Cakewalk forums.

If Sonar came with Sonitus fx (which I wasn\'t sure it did or not) why couldn\'t the others find em?

Now you\'ve got ME confused! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I\'ll try to find out!

- Junk

P.S. Feel free to elaborate on your comment about something \"smelling funny.\" [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I\'m wondering along with Juan about your version of Sonar because the one I purchased, [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Sonar 3 Producer, also comes with VST and Sonitus plugins. So if you also purchased yours and it did not come with these things, then I would be going back to the retailer or Cakewalk to find out why you got cheated [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] . Maybe there\'s a good reason somewhere. Thanks for your willingness to share your file.

Hey Wazzy

Does the file work on your system, or is it crashing?

Okay, I got a response:

Err, I will save the file again and try to have Bill (the cakewalk guy) open it up either at his computer or in work.

Thanks for the input

- Junk

Edit: Is it possible the file may have corrupted when I uploaded to the evo ftp? After the upload, it asked if I would like to choose ASCII (text) or Binary (non-text) for the transfer type. I have no idea what either is, or the difference [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , so I chose Binary.

Hi Junkmonkey, I was thinking that you where using Sonar 3.0 studio and your friend gave you the Sonitus plug-ins under the table, I knew a guy named Mike Dube who sent me a free copy of Audio fx3 back in the pro-audio days so know it happens. But when I was eating dinner I thought about that comment I made and wanted to let you know I didn\'t mean anything bad by it.

but after reading what you wrote on the Sonar forum I think your using 3.0 and not 3.1.1?
    and that might be the problem.

If I remember right the plug-ins where updated during the 3.1, and why some of us are crashing?

By the way I did listen to the MP3 and it sounds good.

Sorry I couldn\'t be of more help,

Take Care, Juan Sanchez

Go Back to forum