• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First try with GPO

Share/Bookmark

Re: First try with GPO

Hey Mick,

first I hope that you don\'t use this username/password combination for something else then your yahoo-group [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Your music sounds really nice to me, I found some really beautiful melodies. I, personally, might have played the basses in legato. Yet it seems to be too much \"pumping\" ... frrrh ... frrrh .. it would blend nicer with some more constant motion that holds the piece together - but that\'s just my two cents.

Hope to hear more from you..

Malte

ailteoir

I could not access the Files. If you want, you could email me the mp3 and I could put it up on my server and make it available for non-Yahoo members to hear it.

Gary Garritan

First try with GPO

NEW LINK added
    i\'ve had GPO for a few weeks now and i must say that i am very impressed with it. o k it\'s taken me a while to get to grips with it but that says more about my own limitations than GPO. i still haven\'t gotten as deeply into it as i would wish, lack of time.
    but i have tried a first composition using GPO something that i wrote in about an hour or two (and then spent about another hour or two trying to get SX to export the thing as mp3-pro with no joy i may add.)
    it\'s not brilliant but....
    http://www.soundclick.com/michealocaoindealbhain
    it\'s called Air An Madra

any comments or free beer welcome

mick o

Hi Gary,

you can access the file if you use the provided link and log in with his user/pass combination. Not the usual way, but it works [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Malte

hi malthe
    i\'ve taken your advice and i\'ve made the basses legato and the cellos also legato after the brass comes in. it sounds better. thanks for the suggestion.
    hi gary
    i don\'t have a web page so this was a stopgap solution, but i will send you the mp3, and if you think it\'s worth posting by all means put it up.

mick o c

Mick,

I also cannot access the file even if I use the username and password that you provided. You should be careful about posting usernames and passwords though. Hackers can abuse that and you can be held responsible as it is your account.

If you want you can send the file to Gary Garritan as he offered. I can also offer my help as I have so much space to spare in my site.

thanks for the offer nhick but while i was looking around on your site i found a link to soundclick so i joined up.
    so here is the new link
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/michealocaoindealbhainmusic.htm

as before all comments welcome i\'m still on the \"l\" plates
    mick o c

Hi Mick,

I can\'t access the new version on soundclick yet. They check each song you upload and it may take a few days. I\'ll get back to your soundclick site occasionally.

Malte

Now the file is accessible and I like it much better [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It seems to have more ease in it.

Very nice,

Malte

thanks malte
    i was beginning to think this piece was cursed and it would never be heard.
    i\'m going to try a few other ideas on it and see if they sound better.

regards
    mick o c

Go Back to forum