• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New Demo Page - Draft

Share/Bookmark

New Demo Page - Draft

Here is a link to a draft of an mp3 page I\'m working on:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3.html

Thanks for all your suggestions and they were very helpful. I like the idea of simple categories and I divided it into The Audition (for instruments), Classical and Living Composers categories.

This is just a draft. There\'s no particular order just yet. I haven\'t decided and may just organize it by date. Don\'t feel left out if you don\'t see your demo.
    I still have many more demos to add.

Do you like this format? What do you think of the drop down info.Did you prefer the old way where all the information is visible?

Let me know what you think.

TIA

Gary Garritan

PS thanks Alan for supplying the Java code for the collapsible menus.

Re: New Demo Page - Draft

I like it. I wanna know what tool was used to create this web design? I really like the + signs that expand to more detail...very cool..

Well Gary I think its nice as is your whole website--very classy looking, but I still prefer the old demo page....its probably just me though...

I Like it. The expanding areas will help keep this page from getting unmanageably long. I assume the listing will be alphabetized within each section?

- Jamie Kowalski

I think it\'s very nice too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gives a better overview than before and it\'s really easy to navigate. Looks great as well.

Nice job. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank\'s

Rodney

Ah! My music is there! Thank you so much.

I prefer this layout better than the present demo page. I\'m partial to the pictures in between the composer\'s name and the song title though. They seem to clutter the page. But I like the expanding menus!

It\'s easier to navigate than the old demo page, although I have to agree that you could probably do without the pictures in between the composers name and the title.

Oh, and Mozart shouldn\'t be first in the classical section! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

- Junkstrology

Gary

I love the new demo page! Nice Layout!! Nice to see my demos posted there!!! Could not download my demos though. No valid link! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Let me know if you need the correct links again

\\Stephen Court

Originally posted by Garritan:
    PS thanks Alan for supplying the Java code for the collapsible menus.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You\'re very welcome Gary, the page is turning out very nice, you\'ve made a lot of progress since I saw it last, many hours, I know... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by dewdman42:
    I wanna know what tool was used to create this web design? I really like the + signs that expand to more detail...very cool..
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I supplied Gary with the code for the collapsible menus in a HTML file which I created in Dreamweaver MX . Gary is updating the page in Dreamweaver 4.

It\'s nice, but I would like to see the people credited who made the demos for the \"cover tunes\", and perhaps a little bit more info about what each demo entails (instruments, etc.), and I would definitely like to have dates posted with new demos, so it\'s easier to tell what\'s new. Unless all new demos are consistently added to the top or bottom, in which case that\'d be fine. The way it was before, things were interspersed wherever, and it was hard to tell what I had or hadn\'t listened to already.

Whoops. Nevermind about the first two things... I see how that info comes up when you click on the demo. Very nice!

Go Back to forum