• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture Midi to Standalone App

Share/Bookmark

Overture Midi to Standalone App

I recently installed GPO and Overture SE on my laptop but am unable to figure out how to connect Overture MIDI Out to GPO MIDI In. The Kontakt Setup->MIDI->Input_Interface window does not show Overture as a selection choice.

The GPO manual says to read the Kontakt Readme files but I do not see them under the Programs Files directory. So I ask here, how do I connect these programs? As I understand it, Overture SE cannot host plug-ins.

Dell Latitude D600 1.6 MHz M processor, 256MB (soon to be 1 GB), Echo Indigo

Thanks,

Re: Overture Midi to Standalone App

Originally posted by csduke:
    I recently installed GPO and Overture SE on my laptop but am unable to figure out how to connect Overture MIDI Out to GPO MIDI In.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Craig,

Have you installed GPO Studio?

In Overture SE 3.5.1, I click Options, Midi Devices...

Then in output devices I see GPO Studio devices.

After considering your response Adam, I came to the started thinking that the app I was launching wasn\'t GPO Studio but rather some other derivative of GPO - though I didn\'t think VSTs could run by themselves. So, I looked around and realized I had not installed the standalone version. Now, after having done that, all is working. Thanks.

BTW Adam, I really like those turn-of-the-century songs you have on our web site. A great time in America - and those song name!

Thanks,

Originally posted by csduke:

... I really like those turn-of-the-century songs you have on our web site. A great time in America - and those song name!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">A different musical time indeed (if you look beyond the \"Masters\" whose music has survived, Mahler, Stravinsky, Strauss, etc). I\'ve gotten fairly good at looking at titles and being able to tell that it was composed before the 20\'s. Before, animals danced, interesting people lived in exotic locales, evil was at worst mischievous, and happiness was the norm.

Go Back to forum