• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: No Mod wheel? Here's a free GPO tool: MFX PW-Map!

Share/Bookmark

No Mod wheel? Here\'s a free GPO tool: MFX PW-Map!

Mike Kelley was in a jam: \"Here\'s my problem -- my midi keyboard doesn\'t have a mod wheel (ugh) and I need a mod wheel to control volume (no other way around it with GPO).\"

Markleford to the rescue! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

(well, if you use an MFX-capable host, at least...)

Created specifically for Mike\'s problem, TenCrazy.com MFX PW-Map will remap your Pitch Wheel to send Continuous Controller information. I\'ve tailored the default parameters to Garritan Personal Orchestra, such that the detente position of the Pitch Wheel sends a Modulation event (CC#1) with a value of 96, with value 0 all the way down and 127 all the way up. If you want to (for whatever reason), you could reverse the direction of the wheel (127 to 0, going up), or use a different detente value: tweak to taste and save your personalized preset!

Also, you can assign one *direction* of the controller to a specific controller message: down-to-detente could be CC#1 0-127, while detente-to-up could be CC#7 96-0 to control a decrecendo of the entire ensemble! Even if you do have a Mod Wheel on your keyboard, little tricks like this might just make PW-Map an indispensable tool in your GPO arsenal.

Normally, all my MFX plugs are free, but for this instance I\'ve invented the \"BeggingWare\" payment model. Essentially, if you like this tool and can use it, drop Gary Garritan a line (or post in this thread!) and suggest that I\'m *such* a nice guy that I deserve a discount on GPO! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Yeah, I\'ll buy it eventually, but two weeks back I was laid-off from my job of 8 years and can\'t really justify that expense at the moment. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Yeah, no shame, I know. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] And too much time on my hands! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] But I hope some of you guys can get some use out of this; I just want to support this great community that I hope to join soon! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Have fun,
    - m

Re: No Mod wheel? Here\'s a free GPO tool: MFX PW-Map!

what about us who doesnt even have a pitchwheel? Can you build some software that recieves brainwaves or something? I have bluetooth on my computer.

Actually, I just heard a news article about a game that has been created and is controlled by brainwaves.

Originally posted by Crackbaby:
    what about us who doesnt even have a pitchwheel? Can you build some software that recieves brainwaves or something?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">http://www.ibva.com/

Originally posted by robgb:
    Actually, I just heard a news article about a game that has been created and is controlled by brainwaves.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I bet the game is about ..... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Markleford:

Markleford to the rescue! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    ... Essentially, if you like this tool and can use it, drop Gary Garritan a line (or post in this thread!) and suggest that I\'m *such* a nice guy that I deserve a discount on GPO! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Markleford,

Thanks for making this handy tool. I have been inundated with people urging me to do something for *such* a nice guy.

What to do? Have GPO users found MFX-PW Map. Should Markleford get a discount? How about a free copy?

Welcome to our community Markleford. You are not even a member of the GPO community and are already contributing. We\'re so fortunate to have many here who give so freely of their talents.

Thanks,

Gary Garritan

Gary,

If this works (I\'ve yet to test it) I truly think you ought to consider a free copy -- perhaps the deal could be that you could bundle this with GPO in the future (or at least have it on your site).

Let\'s face it, there are all kinds of keyboards that don\'t have mod wheels but have pitch wheels (one big one that comes to mind is the prodikeys computer keyboard/midi keyboard thingee). Because this is at the core of GPO I would think you\'d want to have this available to everyone.

I vote for the free copy!!!!

Hi guys,

In case you didn\'t know I posted a similar MFX plugin a while ago which does a bit more than just pitch mapping (and probably in a bit different way). It\'s also free and you can download it at http://hdan.com.
    I guess diversity doesn\'t hurt. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
    Dan.

Originally posted by Dan H.:
    Hi guys,

In case you didn\'t know I posted a similar MFX plugin a while ago which does a bit more than just pitch mapping (and probably in a bit different way). It\'s also free and you can download it at http://hdan.com .
    I guess diversity doesn\'t hurt. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
    Dan.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It looks like Dan H needs to get something free too!

Thanks Dan

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum