• Register
  • Help

Topic: Woud it be redundant to buy GPO and GOS Lite?

Share/Bookmark

Woud it be redundant to buy GPO and GOS Lite?

Hi, I\'m wondering if it would be redundant to buy both of these libraries. Do they share a bunch of the same samples, or would they be complementary to one another?

Thank you, again!

Re: Woud it be redundant to buy GPO and GOS Lite?

Jeeves9000,

Not exactly redundant but I’d suggest you try GPO first and see if it accomplishes what you need. It may. If it doesn’t then you may want to consider adding another dedicated string library. GPO and GOS Lite do share some of the same basic samples but they differ greatly in programming approach. GOS Lite has a larger sample set but GPO has considerably more sophisticated programming. If you need something more comprehensive I would instead suggest that you consider the full GOS, or one of the other fine dedicated string libraries out there. GPO is surprisingly capable though, so try it before spending more cash.

Tom

Yea. Nobody has reviewed it in here yet, but Kirk Hunter is supposed to have some pretty nice strings... I don\'t have it, but what I have heard is that the attacks in Kirk Hunter\'s string libraries are particularly good.. people often talk about layering them with other libraries.

Perhaps combining kirk hunter with GPO would be a winning combo. does anyone in here have Kirk Hunter strings?

Dewdman42,

This is another of the subjects that you should do a search on here and in the main forum. Over the last 4 years there have been endless debates about the merits of the various string libraries. Happy reading!

Tom

Go Back to forum