• Register
  • Help

Topic: More copyright fun with GPO... (MP3's)

Share/Bookmark

More copyright fun with GPO... (MP3\'s)

Guys, here\'s a couple more mp3\'s of rearrangments I did with GPO to show the strenghts and different styles that can be done with GPO.

Welcoming Ceremony from Final Fantasy 7

This song is from Final Fantasy 7 and shows GPO in a marching band scenario. Of course this song is copyrighted and is just posted for evaluation purposes only. This came from a midi and was arranged to take advantage of GPO. It has been compressed and verbed.

Waltz For The Moon from Final Fantasy 8

This is from Final Fantasy 8 and shows GPO in a waltz type song. Same as above.

Enjoy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: More copyright fun with GPO... (MP3\'s)

Joseph,

The percussion sounds GREAT here, thanks for sharing your work with us, I was never a big fan of the game (although the commercials for XI and the included 40 GB HDD is making me drool) but I love the music you have here from the game.

Now we need to down-sample GPO to 8-bit and kick out the Mario Bros theme! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Was it something I said? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

why compress it like that?

will you do Gau\'s theme or maybe Forever Rachel from Final Fnatasy 3 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well, I use an limiter and compression plugin to bring everything up and to smooth out the level of the song without clipping. It just really brings the sound out of GPO.

As for the songs, I\'ll certainly try! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by lavoll:
    why compress it like that?

will you do Gau\'s theme or maybe Forever Rachel from Final Fnatasy 3 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I started working on some from this game (FF6) I wasn\'t planning on sharing them, but perhaps I will.

Joseph,

This was fun to listen to. It certainly does show different styles that can be done in a game application. Did you use the GPO Standard MIDI Translator with the MIDI file? Now I have to rent the game Final Fantasy and imagine...

thanks for posting this

Gary Garritan

Gary,
    I made all adjustments to the midi file by hand to take advantage of GPO. The translator wasn\'t out at the time! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum