• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: convert from kontakt to halion

Share/Bookmark

Re: convert from kontakt to halion

That\'s also on my wishlist. Unfortunately the samples are untransformable up to now.

Think of GPO as a VST -- which HALion is. I have both and am becoming increasingly comfortable with GPO.

my $0.02 -- for what it\'s worth ... kev

convert from kontakt to halion

Hello,

Is it possible to convert the kontakt files to halion files ?
    (i prefer halion...)
    Thanks
    David

a this request supporting bump.

I am surprised continually by how many GPO users don\'t get that NO OTHER SAMPLER can do what Kontakt does!

Halion and Giga may be fine for the ordinary approach taken by orchestral libraries in the past, of sampling a bunch of articulations and layers of different dynamics and crossfading between them.

GPO does away with all that and makes it a much smoother process to create a flowing orchestral sound.

FORGET Halion, Giga, MACH 5, and ALL the rest! You don\'t NEED THEM with GPO. You don\'t even need to re-program in the full Kontakt, just use it so you can load up 16 instruments. I doubt anyone could improve on Tom\'s superior programming!...REALLY!

Originally posted by nexus:
    I doubt anyone could improve on Tom\'s superior programming!...REALLY!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You\'re a little bit coltish....are you?

Originally posted by le dayoud:
    Hello,

(i prefer halion...)
    Thanks
    David
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Halion 3 was just announced last week. Along with many other powerful new features like RAM-save, it will import and convert Kontakt files to Halion.

I am surprised continually by how many GPO users don\'t get that NO OTHER SAMPLER can do what Kontakt does!

Halion and Giga may be fine for the ordinary approach taken by orchestral libraries in the past, of sampling a bunch of articulations and layers of different dynamics and crossfading between them.

GPO does away with all that and makes it a much smoother process to create a flowing orchestral sound.

FORGET Halion, Giga, MACH 5, and ALL the rest! You don\'t NEED THEM with GPO. You don\'t even need to re-program in the full Kontakt, just use it so you can load up 16 instruments. I doubt anyone could improve on Tom\'s superior programming!...REALLY!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Nexus...

I\'m sorry but that\'s not entirely true. You can achieve pretty much all of the effects of Kontakt with other samplers, just not in the exact same way.

Regarding the programming...no offence, but there\'s no such thing as \"perfect\" programming...it all depends on your personal preference and what you want to do.

Finally, please don\'t tell other people what they need or do not need, I think they can decide that for themselves.

Thank\'s

Rodney

Originally posted by Tarkio Road:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by le dayoud:
    Hello,

(i prefer halion...)
    Thanks
    David
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Halion 3 was just announced last week. Along with many other powerful new features like RAM-save, it will import and convert Kontakt files to Halion. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Tarkio...thank\'s for the info, sounds interesting. Are you sure about the converting bit? I looked areound and all I could find was talk about the possibility to import kontakt files, but nothing about actual conversion.

Cheers

Rodney

FORGET Halion, Giga, MACH 5, and ALL the rest! You don\'t NEED THEM with GPO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">GPO is a nice program that is small enough to fit in RAM. But it is not on a par with the streaming libraries that can be loaded into the samplers you would like us to forget.

Go Back to forum