• Register
  • Help

Topic: Arranging with GPO

Arranging with GPO

Hi, I am definitely getting GPO at some point, but I was thinking about getting it now to help me with arranging a score for piano, harp, violin, cello and accordion. Now, I see that accordion is not included in Personal Orchestra. Is there a way to run GPO samples and Gigastudio samples off of the same sequencer? If not, does anyone have any suggestions of how I can use GPO for this arrangement?

Re: Arranging with GPO

Thanks so much!

FYI, the GPO FAQ section of the Garritan site is here: http://www.garritan.com/FAQ.html#faqGPO

Thanks Tom, that\'s a big help. :-)

All the best,

I run about six different outboard synths, GPO, Halion, and a few other plugins all inside3 of Cubase SX with a standard Dell Dimension with 1 gig of RAM. Hope this helps.

Eric W

No accordion? No problem. Just use the clarinet or oboe (or layer them) and play block chords. Poorly played sampled reeds always end up sounding like an accorion to me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(True for many sampled reeds; not unique to GPO.)

Hey eaglehvac, that sounds very hopeful to me, and, JonFairhurst, that sounds like a great idea, in fact I think I’ll play around with it now using my giga samples :-)

Unfortunately I jumped the gun and stupidly assumed my system would handle GPO and now I fear that it won’t. Please see my mini rant in the \"Frustrations\" thread if you’ve got the time 

All the best,

You shouldn\'t have any problem running that configuration. I too have a sequencer, GPO and GigaStudio running off the same computer.

(GPO is set up as a VST plug-in in my sequencer.)

Hi robh, thanks for your response. Can you play GPO and gigasamples at the same time through a sequencer? In other words, can I play a midi file and have the piano, violin, cello and harp tracks play GPO samples and the accordion track play a sample from giga?

Also, I tried to find a FAQ for GPO at the Garritan site and wasn’t able to find one. I also did a search for one on this board and didn’t come up with anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Much thanks from the newbie [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Barring processor power, you SHOULD be able to do this. Although you should have a very fast CPU. I have run Gigastudio with Sonar and a VST plug. I\'ve only done it once, it seemed to work fine, but I make no guarantees.

Go Back to forum