• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Alan's Quote (Off topic)

Alan\'s Quote (Off topic)

Hey Alan,

Where is this quote from?

\"...and if i show you my dark side will you still hold me tonight? and if I open my heart to you and show you my weak side what would you do? would you sell your story to rolling stone?\"

Did you write that, or an I just stupid and everyone esle here knows that that is some famous quote that everyone knows?! :-) If you did write that, excellent. I should send you some of my writings so you can give me tips!

By the way, congrats on the VOCI gig! You do excellent work.

Oh yeah, I haven\'t got your banners up yet on my site because I\'ve been swamped. I will though. Yeah, Yeah, I know exactly what excuses are like!! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Alan\'s Quote (Off topic)

Oh, I wish I wrote it... Actually, the line in my sig is from Pink Floyd\'s (Roger Waters\') \"The Final Cut\" (1983) It\'s from the title track and is one of my favorites. I couldn\'t credit Mr Waters becuase of the 250 character limit on sigs...

I do, however, write poetry and I\'ve actually published an eBook of my poetry entitled \"Dust Unwoken\" which is available as a free download here: http://www.fallofautumn.com/dust_unwoken_ebook.pdf

If anyone does d/l and read, I thank you in advance...

I just downloaded your ebook of poetry and I am going to read it later on tonight. Well, at least some of it! :-)

I like to think of myself as a decent lyricist. Maybe, I could send you some of my works and you could give me some feedback. That goes for anyone else to. Just let me know.

I\'d love to read some of your writing, just e-mail it to me at alan@alanjoseph.com... I will read it tonight when I get home from school and get back to you tomorrow.

BTW, thanks for the congrats on the VOCI job, its coming along nicely...

Cool stuff, Alan. When will you have the gallery on your own site ready?

Thanks Bela, I am working on the visual gallery right now, I have alot of pieces I did on canvas that I want to post but they are so large I have to scan them in in sections and then piece them back together in Photoshop, takes forever...

Plus I\'ve done some Flash stuff and I\'m trying to make sure that all the Flash stuff I did for hire is still open for me to post. (How \'bout it Gary, can I repost the Flash stuff I did for ya on my site?)

It should be up soon (including the VOCI cover [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) along with some other fun stuff I\'m working on...

Glad you enjoyed the poetry...

Orcas Island

You are post number 13,000!

You just won something!

Gary Garritan

WOO-HOO! \"something\" sounds great! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Congrats on the something!!!! Something goes a long way! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I\'ll send some of my writing to you as soon as I print them to PDF.

So, Alan, what was your \"something\"?\" Do tell [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum