Some of you may remember the organ postlude I posted a few days ago:
Postlude on "Melanchthon"
The .mp3 file above started as a Finale file, was exported as a midi file, imported into Sonar (with a lot of midi house cleaning) and finally exported as an .mp3 file. Now, I know there are much easier ways to accomplish this, but my point here really is that I took a lot of care cleaning up the midi events in Sonar, adjusting volume levels, note durations, etc., to produce the performance you hear above.
Well, soon things will get a lot easier. Below is the first file posted using the GPO Studio Streamer (beta). The following file was rendered through GPO Studio directly from my Finale score to a .wav file, then simply converted to .mp3.
Postlude on "Melanchthon" streamed from GPO Studio
To keep things as equal as possible, the only plugin used to produce the Sonar rendered file was the Ambience Reverb (Church preset), the same reverb that comes with GPO Studio.
One difference you'll notice between the two files is that the GPO Studio streamed file is a bit hotter. This is because I pulled the faders back a bit in Sonar, in an effort to be kind to low end PC speaker systems (full throttle pipe organs can really rattle those little 3" cones).
You may also notice a difference in the tenuto chords of the postlude's coda section, which can be attributed to Finale's midi implementation of breath, tenuto, staccato, etc. markings. You may get better results using Sibelius or Overture, but whichever notation software you use, .wav files of your scores will be just a mouse click or two away from GPO Studio.