• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hello all !

Hello all !

Hello good people on this forum.

Just a quick note to say hi !

The last 2 months or so, I\'ve been reading along with all of you, just to get the best possible information about what orchestralibrary to buy.

Allthough I liked the enourmus amount of samples you get with Opus1 and I did like the out of the box sound of Gold (or Silver) a bit better, I decided to go with GPO.
    a)Because this lib can play from ram
    b)Because I like the whole concept
    c)But most of all because of this wonderfull community and especially the input and dedication of mr Garritan himself.

I ordered GPO a couple of days ago at bestservice so I should get it any day now [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Thank you all for the wonderfull musicdemos, they where a great help.

Best regards,

ps. I\'m sorry about the lousy English... it\'s been a while (being from the Netherlands, English isn\'t exactly my native language [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ).

Re: Hello all !

Welcome, Ron!

Some people get it...making music does not have to be competitive.

One of qualities I like about this community is we all know what we like, and are constantly asking, \"How did he do that?\" It matters not whether it\'s Bach, Yanni, Marchetti or Rush, there\'s always something to learn...you never know, you may want to recreate an effect in your own music, some day!

In the end, we leave it all behind anyway, but the music lives on.

It\'s all about the music.

Wilton, NH

The problem with electronic music is that it is a solitary endeavor. Music is about communication and there is a need for some communication to make music. I’ve listened to some of the material I’ve made sitting in my darkened studio playing with myself and, yes, that’s what it sounds like – musical masturbation. A forum like this let’s us communicate about our music, even if it’s about some technical trivia. It’s a great way to see what others are doing with similar tools and to get feedback on our own creations.

Anyway, to the original poster, though I’m pretty new here myself, welcome to the forum.

West Seneca, NY

Hi and welcome!
    Sit back; open yourself to a great new world of music and people! Just like middle C here is where it all starts! GPO man!
    But watch out for that Styxx character. He\'s one card short of a full deck! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    We are ready to hear your music!

hallo and welcome. i\'m fairly new here as well but this is a grand place.
    mick o c

Orcas Island

Welcome to the GPO community. Thanks for choosing to be with us and we\'re glad to have you here.

As you can see, we have many helpful people here to assist you in making music. If there\'s anything we can do let us know.

Gary Garritan

Don\'t trust any of us. We\'re all evil zombies. We\'re only here to get you to post music so we can steal it and copyright it then sue you for posting our music. Trust me [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

- Junkenstein

P.S. \"Must... eat... braiinsss...\"
    - John Stewart, on the Daily Show, doing an impression of John Kerry as a zombie.

Thx for the warm welcome everybody !

This is exactly what I was talking about.

I guess it will take another week or so for GPO to arrive, but as soon as I have made something worth listening to, I will put it on the net.

GPO will be my first adventure in orchestral music though, so don\'t expect any francescian compositions... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, it\'s good to be part of this great community !!

Talk to you all soon !

Best regards,

Go Back to forum