• Register
  • Help

Topic: Horn Duet for GPO

Horn Duet for GPO

Well, yet again I was aksed to write a piece for a recital. This time it was a Horn duet (with piano accompaniment). I call it \"The One Power,\" inspired by Robert Jordan\'s \"Wheel of Time\" series.
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The One Power mp3.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The One Power score.</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

West Seneca, NY

Re: Horn Duet for GPO

Hmmm, that\'s funny. Nothing downloaded. I was all set to hear another wonderful piece of work and nothing. Are you sure it\'s there?

Orcas Island

Nice horn writing.

Glad GPO is being used with Finale to help prepare for a recital. When is the recital?

I would have liked to hear the horns a little more by bringing the piano down in the mix.

Good work and thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Thanks, Gary. I\'ll probably bring the mix down during the next recording. Heck, I didn\'t even have the trills in the 2nd Horn part--I love Finale, but there are certain things that are a pain in the @$$ to do (i.e., crescendos / decrescendos, trills, etc).

The recital is scheduled for May 1st at the Lamont School of Music (University of Denver).

Styxx, maybe you should try again. I haven\'t had any problems with the download (and neither has Gary, I guess).

Based on the advice of someone else, I\'ve also added a link to the score above.

Go Back to forum