I\'ve finally worked out all the string issues I\'ve had with this piece, and after many, many hours of work, I present to you View of Mount Fuji from Edo. This is the full 7:13 version of the piece, and includes a HUGE number of GPO instruments. The file is 6.61MB.
As I wrote in my previous post, this is an orchestral piece I wrote in 1992, inspired by a woodblock print entitled Mount Fuji from Edo by the 19th-century Japanese artist Hokusai (1760-1849). The print was part of a collection known as 24 Views of Mount Fuji.
That was excellent. Superb dynamics. Really nice use of ostinato, pointillistic and linear writing.
Nice use of the whole orchestra. The balance and development of the instruments was really good. I sat rivetted throughout the piece.
This has got to be one of the most convincing realisations using GPO that I have heard.
Oh my, Jamie, this is lovely, just lovely. I\'d love to see the score. Thanks so much for sharing this masterpiece.
Each and every day I\'m amazed at what can be done with GPO, and the ever so talented folks that contribute to this forum. Thank you all, and thanks again to Tom, Jeff, Gary and all who had a hand in GPO\'s development. Your skill and vision are amazing.
Incredible! What a terrific composition and orchestration.Excellent dynmaic control, balance and execution.
I enjoyed the excerpt of this piece you posted a couple of weeks ago. The preview was extraordinary and you outdid yourself. This must have been quite an undertaking. 3 different Sonar files and 9 instances for just strings?
Hope you won\'t mind if thios finds its way onto the GPO demo page. Looking forward to hearing more of your music and thank you for posting this.
Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot to me. Gary, please feel free to use this for the demo page. I\'m just as interested in spreading my music as you are GPO! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
After upgrading to 1 gig, I managed to keep the piece in two files. One file had all the strings, and the other had winds and percussion. Each of the files also had a stereo mix of the latest version of the other file, which I continually updated as I worked.
The reason the strings ended up with so many instruments is that I couldn\'t get the sound I wanted in some parts without layering many different patches. Also, the tremelando, pizz, and trills added to the load. I would have loved to do all the strings in GOS if I had it, but I\'m kind of waiting to see if and when GOS2 arrives, and what my finances look like at that time. I may end up redoing a lot in that case!