• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Extra Extra Read All About it!

Share/Bookmark

Extra Extra Read All About it!

Cubasis Dies!
    Cubasis dies after working on a composition for five hours today! Man seen running down Main Street in Buffalo pulling his hair out and screeming; \"I\'ll get you Microsoft\"!
    Witnesses say man was composing a piece for his wife when upon saving his work of five hours, the sequencer program hung up and wouldn\'t close, or return to windows! An eye witness said the man tried in vien to get windows to close the program but it just hung there frozen on a blank Cubasis window. Finally, he had to resort in shuting off his PC for the power source. All saved work in Cubasis was lost and the program will not respond any further.
    Man is now sitting wondering what to do next and whether to continue worring any further.
    All that work down the drain....

Re: Extra Extra Read All About it!

DON\'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO *YOU*!

Save early.

Save often.

Save to different files with iterative version numbers in the filename.

(sorry, man: I\'m sure we all know your pain...)

- m

Originally posted by Markleford:
    DON\'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO *YOU*!

Save early.

Save often.

Save to different files with iterative version numbers in the filename.

(sorry, man: I\'m sure we all know your pain...)

- m
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, been there done that. I was saving right along. When I was through for the evening it just hung up on me.(?) I wasn\'t worried at first because I had been saving to different file names all along! I have recovered my previous files though. The new work was there saved however when I tried to open it in Cubasis, it loaded the patches then gave me a blank window which froze up and wouldn\'t let me out. This happend several times before I decided to delete the saved work. At least I wrote it down before I started the project. Still, kind of heart wrenching. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Well, at least you had *some* backup...

Courage!

- m

This has to be about the most helplessly empty feeling there is. Sorry!

\"MAN SAVES OFTEN; AVERTS CRISIS\"

Styxx - I\'m afraid that upgrading to Cubase 5 VST won\'t solve these sorts of problems, nor will anything you do to your OS. Even when you open a file in Cubase and don\'t save it, Cubase still alters file settings that may make the file unloadable next time. Any users of Cubase SX out there - is it any better now? I have started to use Logic (v5 for PC) and even after several years of using Cubase (all the way back to Atari ST days) the pain of re-learning how to do everything in Logic is after a few days already paying dividends in terms of stability, timing, syncing of MIDI/Wav files, program not crashing, program not hanging (and getting you into an interminable \'end process/send error report to Bill\' cycle), track settings not loading up as saved, and all the other things that Cubase users have grown almost fond of over the years. With Logic I am beginning to find I don\'t even need to save my work under a new name every five minutes, export to midi in case the saved file is corrupt, close cubase, reload saved file, if ok carry on for five minutes, usually having to re-set track parameters, wait for plug-ins to hang, close Cubase, restart computer, restart Cubase, open last working saved file, find it got corrupted during plug-in hang (darn didn\'t save it quick enough) even though I didn\'t save, start all over again routine that I have gotten myself into. Hell I might even have time to write some music now!? What has this to do with GPO? Errm, well, sorry - Styxx\'s post just got me started.

Or just don\'t use a Steiny sequencer. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

FWIW, Cubase SX2 is not giving me any trouble. You can, of course, get statistically valid opinions by going to the forum at cubase.net and asking about it there.

I abandoned Logic5.5 on PC in favor of Cubase SX2, largely because Logic5.5 didn\'t play nicely with GPO, and will not be updated in the future.

Trond

So, what you are saying is to upgrade to logic v5 and this will get rid of the problem? I am not familiar with this program. Is this multi track audio / Midi or?
    In other words, Cubasis is an unstable platform for music due to inherent problems on going?
    Sorry to get you going with my post. I am seriously thinking of going back to my original idea of upgrading to Sonar 3 studio. Any insight on Sonar?

Go Back to forum