• Register
  • Help

Topic: Joplin MIDI and other Files (see how Tom Hopkins does it)

Share/Bookmark

Joplin MIDI and other Files (see how Tom Hopkins does it)

\"Easy Winners\" has been temporarily removed due to the portamento problem in the violin (described below). Since changes to the portamento function of the strings will be implemented in the next version of the player I will re-release the files then with modifications to match.

Tom

Re: Joplin MIDI and other Files (see how Tom Hopkins does it)

Thanks Tom and Gary...

This is definetly worth studying...

Thanks for posting this, Gary. This is one of my favorite demos!

Thank you very much, Tom & Gary. I definitely need & appreciate all the help I can get. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] I also rather like ragtime, always do a bit of ragtime as part of my practice routine(pno). I had been hoping for something of this sort. Thanks again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

May the Muses bless you always,
    Rodney

The violin seems to spin out of control on the portamento at m24 in the MIDI file. (Under SONAR 3.1.1, VST Wrapper 4.4.1, GPO 1.0.2.008) EDIT: That\'s at the low C, in case the measures are different in your own project.

Does anyone else get the same? I deleted the CC#20 messages around there and it plays fine.

- m

Egad! Obviously, the violin portamento data did not successfully make the transition from the original Logic file (which also used a much earlier version of the library). I\'ll have Gary pull these files when he gets back on Thursday and I\'ll go over them to put things in order. That\'s what I get for not soloing each track after the conversions. Changes will need to be made anyway to match the newest programming (soon to be released). If you are examining these files please ignore the portamento data, it isn\'t even close to correct. Sorry about that.

Tom

Go Back to forum