• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Quartet Demo by Victor Etxebarria Ecenarro

Share/Bookmark

String Quartet Demo by Victor Etxebarria Ecenarro

Victor Etxebarria Ecenarro just sent an mp3 of a string quartet done in Sibelius and GPO Studio. A custom impulse was also used.

Victor was gracious enough to write a Sibelius plug-in a few days ago which provides for better crescendos and dimenuendos in Sibelius. (for the plugin go to http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html#User ) Dynamics and expression has always been a holy grail of notation programs. From this demo, you can hear how well the Sibelius Crescendo and Diminuendo Plug-In works:
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/Chorale347Strings.mp3

Vistor writes: \"The first violin plays the soprano line of one of the well-known (mostly by Harmony students) 371 Riemenschneider Chorales by J.S. Bach. In this case I took the soprano of the 2nd chorale and completely rewrote the three remaining voices (so now the harmony sounds very differently from the original). The original chorale is entitled \"Ich dank dir, lieber Herre\" (something like \"I thank you my Lord\") and its Bach\'s catalog reference is BWV347. The sound has been generated directly from the Sibelius score with GPO Studio and the string quartet template. It is amazing what GPO can do just with notation software. I hope you like it\"

It is fantastic to hear the works and the potential that are coming from notation programs.

Thanks Victor for sharing this.

Gary Garritan

Re: String Quartet Demo by Victor Etxebarria Ecenarro

Victor Etxebarria Ecenarro (That\'s not your nom de plume is it Gary? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

I\'m not the world\'s greatest fan of quartets but this is worthy of comment. Very nice sound indeed and a nice composition too. Not hard to take!
    Like Gary, I\'m also surprised at the realism and fluidity possible from a score type programme as I had previously believed that piano roll tweaking was required to achieve this level of realism. Nevertheless a bit of dynamic tweaking in a pianoroll environment would enhance this still further....I think.

Great stuff

Frank

Re: String Quartet Demo by Victor Etxebarria Ecenarro

Go Back to forum