• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture and Cubase SX

Share/Bookmark

Overture and Cubase SX

I\'ve successfully connected Overture with Cubase SX using Midi Yoke.
    Now I can use 8 staves in Overture to drive VST instance of GPO with 8 instruments loaded.
    I\'m doing this to see if I can use the full Kontakt Vst in SX from Overture in order to gain the DFD feature (and of course a lot of editing features...); if yes this could justify the upgrade.
    My problem is that Midi Yoke is limited to 8 channels (Midi Yoke NT1 to 8) and I would like to be able to drive at least 4 GPO instances (32 channels).
    Do you know if there is any utility out there that could help ?

Thx
    GF

Re: Overture and Cubase SX

GF,

Try MidiOverLan. It allows you to have 8 multiple virtual midi pipes for a total of 128 channels.

http://www.musiclab.com

-- Martin

Thanks mschiff,
    I\'ll give it a try!

GF

Tried it.
    The problem is that SX only get the \"pipe\" as input instead of \"pipe+midi ch\".
    That means that every note generated by Overture on one pipe goes to all the instrument in the single instance of GPO VST (like if you have OMNI activated).
    Do you know if there is a way to filter the midi channel of the input pipe in Cubase SX ?

Thx
    GF

[ QUOTE ]
    Tried it.
    The problem is that SX only get the \"pipe\" as input instead of \"pipe+midi ch\".
    That means that every note generated by Overture on one pipe goes to all the instrument in the single instance of GPO VST (like if you have OMNI activated).
    Do you know if there is a way to filter the midi channel of the input pipe in Cubase SX ?

Thx
    GF

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered working in the Notation window of SX?

Go Back to forum