• Register
  • Help

Topic: A few questions...

Share/Bookmark

A few questions...

Hi, I\'m planning on buying GPO in the near future, particularly around my birthday, which is only one month away. However, before I get it, I just want to ask a few question so I can see if it really is worth my (or my parents\' [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) money. First of all, its not really a question, but more of a request. If anyone can possibly get a sample showing the highest, lowest, and middle keys of the piano in GPO being played, I\'d be extremely grateful. I compose mainly for the piano, sometimes concertos, and I want an excellent piano sound. My friend had Edirol Orchestral, but the higher notes sounded extremely unrealistic. Second, can anyone provide me a screenshot of the actual program in use? And finally, it said that the program uses Kontakt player. Does that mean that is uses it as the principle player, so you can only load up to 8 sounds? If so, can you run multiple versions to use for, say, various sections? Also, it said that it can be used in Sibelius. Can anyone give me a little bit more detail on that?

Thanks.

Re: A few questions...

I compose mainly for the piano, sometimes concertos, and I want an excellent piano sound...

The piano is wonderful, I can send you an mp3 of my rendition of Beethoven\'s Moonlight Sonata if you\'d like, plus some random banging at different velocities...

Second, can anyone provide me a screenshot of the actual program in use?

Sure... go to Gary\'s website and check out my tutorial on using Cubase SX and GPO, I have a screenshot of it in there. http://www.fallofautumn.com/GPO-SXtutorial.htm

And finally, it said that the program uses Kontakt player. Does that mean that is uses it as the principle player, so you can only load up to 8 sounds? If so, can you run multiple versions to use for, say, various sections?

Yes, if you have a VSTi host, you can load as many instances as your host will allow, if you don\'t have a host, GPO Studio allows you to load 8 instances (64 instruments) and is free from Gary\'s site.

For the piano stuff, email me (alan@alanjoseph.com)

Go Back to forum