• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ARIA multi in Sonar is not recognizing multiple channels

Share/Bookmark

ARIA multi in Sonar is not recognizing multiple channels

I have had to reformat my hard drive and re-install all my software. You got it! What a pain!!!

Anyway, I am up and running but today as I worked on a piece of music that I wrote in Finale and sent the midi files to Sonar X3a, I find that the ARIA Multi does not add all the channels to my tracks as he had in the past. When I checked the ARIA player out, only the channels 1/2 are usable as the others are all grayed out and cannot be selected. This is a real pain. I have what I think is the latest ARIA player (v1.620) and the engine is ARIA Engine v1.801 (win x64).

My computer is running in 64 bit with an Intel i7 processor and 12 gigs of ram. I am not a happy camper and have no idea what is wrong. I really don't remember having this problem ever before I re-installed everything and am wondering if I missed some in my installations.

Can anyone give me some suggestions? I could really use some help on this problem.

Thanks,
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: ARIA multi in Sonar is not recognizing multiple channels

Rich, I do not know if this will help or not, but I had the same problem once before, and it turned out that I selected the wrong Aria.
    I also have Sonar X3 and Aria shows up as: Aria Player Multi _VST 64.
    If you have only Aria Player Multi 64 it will have only one channel available.

Ted

Thanks for the suggestions Ted. I appreciate it. I have installed the ARIA engine and Player for both 32 bit and 64 bit but don't understand why they don't set up correctly. I think my list does show it as "Aria Player Multi 64" but have no clue why it doesn't set it up correctly during install. This should not be a users problem but a developers problem for not making an install that works correctly.

I will investigate at MakeMusic more especially since Plogue site refers me back to them. You would think that Plogut (who developed the software) would have the install files developed to set things in the right places.

Again, Thanks,

Rich

You still missing the VST from your load. In your Sonar, look in Utilities, Cakewalk Plug in Mgr, and you should enable only the Multi_VST version.

Ted

I'm using Sonar X3 and I don't see any way in the Utilities menu to enalbel only the ARIA VST Mult only. When I tried nothing changed. I only get an ARIA with channels 1/2 available. This is super frustration!!!!

Rich

Really?

There is no one else on this board other than Ted and I? No one has had this problem?

If that is the case than I guess I'm just going to be a duck out of luck... Sad

Rich

Hello partner, it looks only the two of us.
    If you click on Utilities, then click on Plug in Manager, on the left side you see the various plug ins. Click on VST and see what comes up. Towards the bottom left there is a choice to view enabled and disabled plug ins of VSTs.
    Make sure you have in the enabled list the Cakewalk Aria Player Multi_VST/64. If you click on it in the middle list, on the bottom you should see the properties of the plug in. If you do not see it, you have to use the Plug in Mgr to get it in the list of available VST plug ins.
    For now, if and when you have time to work with this problem, send me an email (ted.vanya@gmail.com) tell me when you will be at your computer and we should be able to copy my system to yours, doing it step by step. As I said, I was having the same problem and Randy helped me. I just had the wrong Aria and had only 1/2 available also.
    You are not out of luck duck.

Ted

Sorry Rich, no help here ...

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Really?

There is no one else on this board other than Ted and I? No one has had this problem?

If that is the case than I guess I'm just going to be a duck out of luck... Sad
    I'm still using X1 ... I've had a string of music projects (arranging/orchestrating a local show right now) and have not had the ... ahh "gumption" to install X3 (always worry about stuff like you are going through!)

I read your thread and should have at least let you know what I just wrote. Good luck and if anything hits me as possibly helpful, I'll let you know.

Frank

Frank D'Erasmo
    FABD Music - Arrangements-Orchestrations
    All Styles ... Specializing in Jazz, Theater, Latin & Pop

Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, World, GAS, Stradivari Violin & GigaStudio. Sonar X2 Producer, Pro Tools, Performer & Finale.

Looks like my system fooled me. I thought that after I reinstalled Sonar X3 and did an update check that the latest update revision of Sonar would be automatically installed. NOPE! I was only 4 updates short of a totally updated Sonar. After spending the day downloading and installing the updates to become current (my DSL only runs at 3 mbps), I now have ARIA multi behaving correctly. Duh... on my part.

Thanks for all the comments and support, Ted. You were a very gracious helper and actually led me on the track of finding the error of my ways. I guess I should say this duck did have some luck.

Thanks Frank for the supportive reply. It is nice to see you on the board and keeping abreast of goings on.

LESSON Learned! - Always make sure you are all the way updated on your software!

Rich

Rich, Ted and Frank,

It looks like most of this forum has moved to the MakeMusic Garritan Forum.

Rich, I'm glad you are getting your system up and running. What a nightmare!!

Hopefully we can hear some music from you soon.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum